Why become a member? ×

London Bass Guitar Show 2019

Silvia Bluejay

On 08/09/2019 at 10:43, ezbass said:

Cody Wright on Sunday interests me (another pick playing masterclass after Bobby Vega last time around sounds good). My guitar playing interest is piqued by Lari Basilio.

I wonder whether Cody will also sit in with Eric Gales session, given that he toured with him last year...?

• Like 1

On 08/09/2019 at 10:22, MoJo said:

As the hour approaches, I can’t make up my mind whether to make the trip or not. I’m sorted gear wise and there’s no one on the Sunday that I’d like to see. May end up giving my ticket away

Given that Joe Bonamassa has just declared Eric Gales is “BEST GUITARIST IN BLUES-ROCK RIGHT NOW”, I am planning to go and see him on Sunday.  He brought the house down at Nell's a couple of months ago... amazing show!

Tony Butler will be joining us on Sunday 22nd at the Chowny stand at the UK Guitar Show at 11:00 for a meet and greet if you're a Big Country or Tony Butler fan.

Then at 13:15-14:00 he will be doing a talk in the Tone Zone where he will talk about his new signature bass among other subjects (interviewed by Joel McIver from Bass Guitar Magazine)

Please come and say Hi.

70643295_2374196189520399_49477626566740

• Like 3

I have a ticket but don't know if I can be arsed.  British Rail want me to take a bus for half the  2 1/2 hour journey, and it doesn't look as good as last year when Scott wheeled in loadsa stars like Henrik Linder and Rich Brown. Try as I might I can't see much more than Cody and John Pattitucci, who is obv a god but is he worth 2 1/2 hours on a BR bus?  Think I'll just chuck the ticket unless someone can persuade me I've turned over two pages at once on the programme. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Chownybass said:

Tony Butler will be joining us on Sunday 22nd at the Chowny stand at the UK Guitar Show at 11:00 for a meet and greet if you're a Big Country or Tony Butler fan.

Then at 13:15-14:00 he will be doing a talk in the Tone Zone where he will talk about his new signature bass among other subjects (interviewed by Joel McIver from Bass Guitar Magazine)

Please come and say Hi.

70643295_2374196189520399_49477626566740

Looks like a Chowny/Retrovibe - a fairly budget Ric "Geddy tribute" (as David Konig called it).

On 08/09/2019 at 10:43, ezbass said:

Cody Wright on Sunday interests me (another pick playing masterclass after Bobby Vega last time around sounds good). My guitar playing interest is piqued by Lari Basilio.

nick beggs ?? ,, ; D this will be interesting ,, nick is a great player / good guy ,,, musician who kind of pioneered stick bass ,, after the band went broke* ,, he carried on learning more about the instrument his manager told him to play ,,

it should also equate to david bowie ,, who put the band ,, that was broke , skint ,, back onto the the straight & narrow ,, a week to go and I am not ready ,, typical ; D

Edited by Bean9seventy

2 minutes ago, Bean9seventy said:

nick beggs ?? ,, ; D this will be interesting ,, nick is a great player / good guy ,,, musician who kind of pioneered stick bass ,, after the band went broke* ,, he carried on learning more about the instrument his manager told him to play ,,

it should also equate to david bowie ,, who put the band ,, that was broke , skint ,, back onto the the straight & narrow ,, a week to go and I am not ready ,, typical ; D

4 minutes ago, Bean9seventy said:

John Patitucci, ?  when i 1st herd this guy ,, i really thought he was a guitarist playing bass ,,, but john is a true bass player ,, who openly respects the sounds of the street ,,,, as Mozart eventually did ,,  

its starting to sound like TLBGS ,, guys

the line up is there

On 14/09/2019 at 10:32, lownote12 said:

I have a ticket but don't know if I can be arsed.  British Rail want me to take a bus for half the  2 1/2 hour journey, and it doesn't look as good as last year when Scott wheeled in loadsa stars like Henrik Linder and Rich Brown. Try as I might I can't see much more than Cody and John Pattitucci, who is obv a god but is he worth 2 1/2 hours on a BR bus?  Think I'll just chuck the ticket unless someone can persuade me I've turned over two pages at once on the programme. 

get the tube to " Angel  " ,, from any central grand main line station guys ,, ; ) ,

then its a few bus stops to the joint ,, ; )

nick beggs ? ,, could be a great meet ,, he moved on to stick bass and exotic things ,, so yeah ,,

we confirm he was not the 1st brit player to slap a music man ,  means ,, i dont do his covers ; ) ,, great guy tho , plus *

lets see what he is up to in the wake of the internet music revolution ,

i will be doing Funk Monster tips on bass mainly for scotts bass lessons  to see  ,, because the stuff is not on the internet

the theory of funk according to B970

another you tube user said to upload it ,, but i think scott would do a better job explaining it ,, as my talking videos are not great

ps ,

i got the nick name " The Funk Monster from some of sellers at the bass guitar show ,,

thanks

Got an email from the organisers that included mention of an after-show gig on Saturday evening at a pub called the Lexington, also in Islington. I don't know, I might go and see Shakespeare's As You Like It at the Globe while I'm in town ... 🧐

Also - if you can get to Angel tube station on the Northern line, it's 5 minutes walk up Islington High St. to the Business Design Centre. Most folks should not need to take a bus.

10 minutes ago, bnt said:

Also - if you can get to Angel tube station on the Northern line, it's 5 minutes walk up Islington High St. to the Business Design Centre. Most folks should not need to take a bus.

Absolutely, you could throw a stone at the BDC from the bus stops.