Why become a member? ×

London Bass Guitar Show 2019

Silvia Bluejay

14 hours ago, TheGreek said:

So no Status, Overwater, GB, Sei or ACG - all the best custom Bass builders in the UK, none of them going.

This is getting less enticing, not more.

14 hours ago, marleaux62 said:

Exactly no Ashsdown, John East, rotosound, or Andy Baxter. Speaks volumes.

14 hours ago, Kev said:

Bass Direct aren’t exhibiting, and no Dingwall?

I wonder why none of these companies are exhibiting? Costs perhaps? I must admit that it’s a massive kick in the nether regions. A friend and I bought our tickets a while ago and plan to travel down together. We missed last years show due to the poor weather and dangerous travelling conditions and were really looking forward to making up for it this year. It’s a fair old trek from Wolverhampton and I am seriously considering giving it a miss now

I do understand that making a visit as a trip from outside London is a big deal and you'd like to be sure it's worth the effort, and I totally share your frustration; however, do bear in mind that many - in fact possibly the majority - of the exhibitors who will actually be there will not have confirmed their attendance yet.

Edited by Silvia Bluejay

42 minutes ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

Do bear in mind that many - in fact possibly the majority - of the exhibitors who will actually be there will not have confirmed their attendance yet.

Perhaps they’re waiting to see if any big name draws are actually confirmed before they part with their cash? 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

I do understand that making a visit as a trip from outside London is a big deal and you'd like to be sure it's worth the effort, and I totally share your frustration; however, do bear in mind that many - in fact possibly the majority - of the exhibitors who will actually be there will not have confirmed their attendance yet.

LBGS need to do something about that, quickly. Needless to say, this late a confirmation hasn’t happened in previous years, and quite clearly ticket sales are not going to kick off until acts worth seeing are announced and a decent aray of bass builders jump on board.  At the moment, it’s only Warwick that I’d like to see, but based on their previous stands I’m sure they will do another half arsed attempt to showcase their instruments.  I’m just not going as things stand, which is a shame as it’ll be the first time in years I haven’t been one.

• Like 2

On 18/07/2019 at 18:21, iamtheelvy said:

Paul Gilbert added to the Guitar side of things. Cody Wright also just announced. Great player, but did see him just a couple of shows ago...

Why are guitards being tolerated ? It’s a bass show surely 

• Like 2

On 20/07/2019 at 12:30, Geek99 said:

Why are guitards being tolerated ? It’s a bass show surely 

Nope it's a guitar show with some bass stands... we are the ones being tolerated. Watch for the bass component to be squeezed out progressively. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, visog said:

Nope it's a guitar show with some bass stands... we are the ones being tolerated. Watch for the bass component to be squeezed out progressively. 

Thought it was the London bass guitar show ...? 

28 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

Thought it was the London bass guitar show ...? 

It’s being ‘co-located’ with the UK Guitar Show. 

I quite like the idea, means my Guitarist best mate and I can have a wee jolly to London!

in saying that, I do expect it to be a guitar show with a hint of bass now.

Finally, a really big hitter. No offence to Mr Beggs, I think he's great too, but this a big, big bass name (although, to be fair, Lady Ez won't know who he is, but knows of Beggsy). Shame that JP's stuff really isn't my bag. Hey you can't have it all ways (unless it's Pino of course ;)).

• Like 1

Patitucci is also an awesome guy to listen to if his music isn't your cup of tea. I have seen a clinic by him, Brian Blade and Danilo Perez (Fellowship of the Light Trio) a few years ago and JP is a calm, inspiring guy who is excellent in explaining tons of musical ideas and concepts.

• Like 5

Guest Marcoelwray

@LondonBassGuitarShow 

Dear Basschatters,

I think you people here are a bit rude to people who work on a show. I never went to a LBGS before, okay, but I think, IMHO, that gathering both shows in the same place and organize all the stuff, moving out of the "confort zone" they used to, ask for a lot of efforts from the people who organize all that.

I'm really happy to go there and I'm glad they change to a sort of NAMM formula.

Hi all

John Patitucci will do a performance and a masterclass on the Saturday (masterclass location TBC).

If you want to see what day each artist is appearing, navigate to the stage they are on on the website:

https://www.ukguitarshow.com/2019-programme/performances/auditorium

https://www.ukguitarshow.com/2019-programme/performances/the-a-stage

These are the two performance stages. There are also three workshop/masterclass rooms (MusicRadar Masterclass which is a mix of guitar and bass, Bass Guitar Workshop just for bass and Guitar Techniques Workshop just for guitar), as well as other features which will have their own rooms or areas on the show floor.

Exact timings are being confirmed, and will be released a little closer to the show. 

Hope that helps!

The LBGS Team

1 hour ago, Marcoelwray said:

@LondonBassGuitarShow 

Dear Basschatters,

I think you people here are a bit rude to people who work on a show. I never went to a LBGS before, okay, but I think, IMHO, that gathering both shows in the same place and organize all the stuff, moving out of the "confort zone" they used to, ask for a lot of efforts from the people who organize all that.

I'm really happy to go there and I'm glad they change to a sort of NAMM formula.

The purpose of the show is to attract visitors (ie. paying customers); me, I'm going to see what I'm up to on the day before I decide whether to go.

It does for sure require a big effort on the part of the exhibitors, and nobody is downplaying that; however,  if there's little or nothing of interest then the case for going is not made.

There are people who are looking to plan ahead: book hotels, flights, plan weekends, so there needs to be stuff there for them.

So far I've not seen a "must go" item on the list so far; the nearest is Paul Gilbert, but he's also got a gig upcoming nearby to me, which I could go to instead.

1 hour ago, Marcoelwray said:

@LondonBassGuitarShow 

Dear Basschatters,

With respect, I'm not seeing anyone being rude (although there are now 8 pages of comments, so there may be some examples?), what I'm seeing is honest feedback from the Shows key demographic to a significant change in their key offering. 

If there is an overwhelming trend towards the negative in the feedback received, this should be a cause for concern within any organisation. 

This is the sort of information most organisations would dream of receiving and often pay handsomely for, as it highlights areas for improvement and response to changes.

• Like 1