Why become a member? ×

London Bass Guitar Show 2019

Silvia Bluejay

13 minutes ago, marleaux62 said:

ive paid for rail and a two night stay fri/sat and by the look of it I might Just as well  of went to my local guitar guitar store .

I'm not overly impressed either. Not bought my train tickets yet, but I've paid for a weekend ticket and booked accommodation. Which I can't cancel.

If it does turn out to be dire, there's aye Tin Pan Alley a half-hour's walk away. And there's the Bass Gallery. But the comms so far is pretty poor.

1 minute ago, prowla said:

I've still not decided whether to go; it slightly depends upon whether & where I'm working at the time.

My only must-do is to remember to take my earplugs!

They give them away at the Reception desk when you pay to go in....

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

I've been informed that there will be further announcements /info this week, starting from tomorrow. :)

That’s good news, Silvia, thanks. However, the organisers only ever seem to pull their collective finger out when prompted; all very reactionary. Not what I would call promoting the event.

• Like 1

Hi all

Please rest assured that we will be offering the same great artists and content as usual. We have had a few hold ups with artist contracts being a bit slow to come back to us which is out of our control - we do apologise for the delay but we have some very juicy announcements coming your way very soon!

We don't want to upset anyone or make you feel unloved - sometimes these things frustratingly take a bit longer than hoped, but we are working very hard to nail everything down for you.

As always, we hope to see as many Basschatters at the show as possible!!

From the LBGS Team

• Like 1

Are folks going to the show primarily to see famous faces or the gear? I've never been before and am planning to travel down on the Sunday to see (and maybe try) all the lovely gear that I will probably never be able to afford. Famous faces are a bonus for me, not a reason to attend

32 minutes ago, MoJo said:

Are folks going to the show primarily to see famous faces or the gear? I've never been before and am planning to travel down on the Sunday to see (and maybe try) all the lovely gear that I will probably never be able to afford. Famous faces are a bonus for me, not a reason to attend

I go for seeing these guys play or listen in to their workshops. The gear is fairly limited, especially if Bass Direct or Dingwall are not going this year (as posted above). There are some good boutique luthiers  / equipment  guys as as PJB who attend but for the three years I have been going none of the big multinationals such as Fender take a bass stand. Musicman were there one year (IIRC) to launch their neck through kit. Some of the attending trade have also held workshops in the past which are also worth going to..

Don’t get me wrong, I love the show and can make two days of it, but that is thanks to the performances and workshops, not the gear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobthedog said:

I go for seeing these guys play or listen in to their workshops. The gear is fairly limited, especially if Bass Direct or Dingwall are not going this year (as posted above). There are some good boutique luthiers  / equipment  guys as as PJB who attend but for the three years I have been going none of the big multinationals such as Fender take a bass stand. Musicman were there one year (IIRC) to launch their neck through kit. Some of the attending trade have also held workshops in the past which are also worth going to..

Don’t get me wrong, I love the show and can make two days of it, but that is thanks to the performances and workshops, not the gear.

Doesn't sound too promising. I was expecting a plethora of basses, including the major manufacturers. Not sure it's worth the trip now (apart from the chance to meet other BC'ers)

17 minutes ago, MoJo said:

Doesn't sound too promising. I was expecting a plethora of basses, including the major manufacturers. Not sure it's worth the trip now (apart from the chance to meet other BC'ers)

Hi MoJo, you can check out who's exhibiting here: https://www.ukguitarshow.com/exhibitors 

Click 'filter' and choose London Bass Guitar Show.

Major brands exhibiting include Charvel, Ernie Ball, ESP, Fender, Framus, Warwick, Gretsch, Ibanez, Music Man, PRS in terms of basses - many more if you're interested in amps, accessories etc as well!

Hope that helps.

One wonders which bass guitar specific exhibitors (outside of amplification) will actually be there? It is starting to look LBGS is going to be the poor cousin to its guitar relative. ☹️

Edited by ezbass
  • Like 1