Why become a member? ×

London Bass Guitar Show 2019

Silvia Bluejay

4 minutes ago, baldwinbass said:

Just received the latest Bass Guitar mag which says confirmed guests are Ariane Cap and Nick Beggs!  Great, and I've already got my ticket.

Never heard of the former....... but the latter is the one I knew about and am immensely looking forward to seeing!

Guest Marcoelwray

Hi everyone, I'm currently planning my trip to LGBS with a friend, we'll stay for the weekend , but I just have a question (sorry if it has been already covered):

What's the "advance Sunday" ?

We will spending a little amount of money (Eurostar, hotel, etc...) So we prefer to go to the best version of the LGBS, and it'll be my first time in UK fellows!

Thanks!

You're referring to 'Advance Saturday' and 'Advance Sunday' on the tickets page, am I right? In that case, 'Advance' refers to the ticket, not the day. Advance Sunday simply means 'the price of a Sunday ticket if bought in advance', i.e. not on the door when you arrive at the venue on the Sunday. (That will be more expensive.)

The Saturday and the Sunday programmes/events are exactly the same whether you buy an advance ticket or one on the door. :)

10 hours ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

The Saturday and the Sunday programmes/events are exactly the same whether you buy an advance ticket or one on the door. :)

Is that 100% confirmed? I was looking forward to seeing Nick Beggs but I can only make the Sunday & I heard he was Saturday only?

1 minute ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

I don't know, Gareth. What I meant is that if you go on, say, the Sunday, it will make no difference to the programme whether you buy an advance ticket or an on the door ticket. I didn't mean to say that the programme on Saturday and Sunday is the same.

Ah, right.... thanks for the clarification :)
It's Gary not Gareth btw... lol!

Guest Marcoelwray
8 hours ago, Thomas68 said:

Are several guests as Ariane Cap and Nick Beggs? For only two it's too expensive to travel from Germany :))

I don't think, IMHO, that the stage is the main attraction there.... Personally I don't even plan this for my weekend...

On 18/06/2019 at 13:22, ezbass said:

Three months to go and still no confirmed line up? Very poor indeed. Sounds like it could end up being the guitar show’s sidekick in the long run, or disappear completely. However, I’m going with a bunch of guitar playing chums this year who I don’t see that often (one is another bassist, so I won’t be on my own whilst checking out the bass gear) so it’ll be a fun day anyway.

sad to hear all these bass players moaning ,, we got to keep the funk going guys ,, NAMM is very similar ,, it could be good it could be bad ,,

plus we get the chance to see how stalls treat guitarist when they just want it a little bit louder ,, maybe there are places were you can play as loud as you like ,,, ??

quit this moaning eat a snickers ,, you're a bass player ,, & mean with it ,,

;)

• 2 weeks later...

So thinking of going.... can't be arsed reading the last five pages. Is it actually going to have proper bass players this year rather than random bass-related celebrities. And I can't see Dingwall so no slant fret action?

So when I last went, we had Mark King and Gary Willis absolutely killing bass-wise but more recently it seams to be more about celebrities who happen to play bass. Suzi Quatro anyone? And our Dingwall/Bass Direct pulling out?