Why become a member? ×

London Bass Guitar Show 2019

Silvia Bluejay

1 hour ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

The Excel, where at least a couple of Drum Shows have been held in the past (I attended one of them), is a cavernous, characterless, uninviting horrible place with dreadful acoustics. Not to mention it's as far away from Heathrow as you can be and still be in London (-ish),

Nah, that's Croydon.

• Like 1

On 07/12/2018 at 15:14, Rich said:

I fully understand. I just wish that big events like this weren't always so London-centric.

IMO it's far better that they are in London, as there's a ton of other things you can there do if the show turns out to be boring. You can't say the same if it's out at the NEC or somewhere similar.

In the 90s I used to go to the annual MacUser Show at Earls Court which kept me occupied for a morning while I checked out the exhibitors, signed up for beta testing programs and perhaps got a show deal on some hardware or software I was after. Then in the afternoon, I could go shopping and/or visit one of the museums in London. 

I also used to go the IPEX - the big printing exhibition at the NEC, where there was nothing to do once I had checked out all the various exhibitors I was interested in except go back home (or if was really unlucky and in the company of my office manger, go back to work).

• Like 1

That sucks... 

I was planning on going in March, but in september i´m going to New York... :(
My London-cravings are also a bit too bad at the moment so I don´t think I could wait until september anyway…

But making it bigger is always nice.
It shouldn´t be too hard too make a thing like this get rather big rather quick since the Musikmesse isn´t what it was…
I know this is foremost for endcustomers, but I for one miss a decent event too check out new and cool stuff in Europe.
I´m too lazy to go to NAMM... 

Edited by blackparkas

I heard this a few weeks ago and although I like the idea of a bass and guitar show at the same time, but there's one major downside: it's in the exact same weekend as the Guitar Summit in Mannheim. I wonder how many companies will pick Mannheim and how many will pick London, especially after the B-word hits the fan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BassAgent said:

I heard this a few weeks ago and although I like the idea of a bass and guitar show at the same time, but there's one major downside: it's in the exact same weekend as the Guitar Summit in Mannheim. I wonder how many companies will pick Mannheim and how many will pick London, especially after the B-word hits the fan.

They are very aware of this, and its negative effect. Its all being discussed between Future and exhibitors this week, so expect some news/detail in the next few weeks...

15 hours ago, blackparkas said:

That sucks... 

I was planning on going in March, but in september i´m going to New York... :(
My London-cravings are also a bit too bad at the moment so I don´t think I could wait until september anyway…

But making it bigger is always nice.
It shouldn´t be too hard too make a thing like this get rather big rather quick since the Musikmesse isn´t what it was…
I know this is foremost for endcustomers, but I for one miss a decent event too check out new and cool stuff in Europe.
I´m too lazy to go to NAMM... 

NAMM isn't open to the public.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

I think we first should bother entering some relevant events, and in the specific case of the LBGS we can't as they haven't confirmed the dates... 9_9

Well yes, it is a bit sparse...

I was spending some of my day preparing my 2019 calendar and was checking dates of things, hence the comment... 🙂

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The UK Guitar Show website is now showing a date - 21st & 22nd September, at the Business Design Centre in Islington. Can we assume the LBGS will also be the same weekend? I want to make the trip from Glasgow with my guitar playing mate, it'd be good to get a confirmed date so we can start booking hotels travel. Always cheaper in advance!

• Like 1

On 05/12/2018 at 17:05, LondonBassGuitarShow said:

Hi all!

We’ve moved the London Bass Guitar Show from its customary slot in March - but never fear, the event will remain the essential show of the year for bass players!

Although co-located with the UK Guitar Show, it will remain as its own, bass-specific show. Expect the same world-renowned artists, features and educational areas – such as the super-popular Bass Workshop with Scott’s Bass Lessons – as normal, across a two-day schedule. When we know the exact date in September, you will be the first to know so that you can get it in the diary and make sure you don't miss out!

Best wishes from

The LBGS Team

I have been told there will be an official announcement once the team is back from NAMM.

On 27/11/2018 at 17:42, Silvia Bluejay said:

The LBGS has been moved from its customary slot in March to the last weekend in September (TBC), so it looks like we'll have to wait a few extra months for our next one. There are lots of other changes and improvements which will be officially announced shortly - I'll keep you posted when I know more.

We'll have to make sure not to set the date of the South East bash on that weekend! 😮 :)

September ,,,, ?? i had it already for March guys ,, oh well ,,

another 8 months ,, basically a year to go ,,

apparently official bookings begin in June ,,

maybe we might get info & details earlier