Why become a member? ×

London Bass Guitar Show 2019

Silvia Bluejay

The LBGS has been moved from its customary slot in March to the last weekend in September (TBC), so it looks like we'll have to wait a few extra months for our next one. There are lots of other changes and improvements which will be officially announced shortly - I'll keep you posted when I know more.

We'll have to make sure not to set the date of the South East bash on that weekend! 😮 :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

The LBGS has been moved from its customary slot in March to the last weekend in September (TBC), so it looks like we'll have to wait a few extra months for our next one. There are lots of other changes and improvements which will be officially announced shortly - I'll keep you posted when I know more.

We'll have to make sure not to set the date of the South East bash on that weekend! 😮 :)

Oh my, is that an official announcement?

I think they're moving to a NAMM-style exhibition too, as the target dates for the bass show appear to be the same as the guitar show, which suggest they are trying to house both shows in the same building (albeit - I think - separately), thereby optimising space renting costs and offering visitors the option to go to both shows.

I'm looking forward to a full detail press release. :)

• Like 1

On 28/11/2018 at 09:48, Silvia Bluejay said:

I think they're moving to a NAMM-style exhibition too, as the target dates for the bass show appear to be the same as the guitar show, which suggest they are trying to house both shows in the same building (albeit - I think - separately), thereby optimising space renting costs and offering visitors the option to go to both shows.

I'd happily travel down to attend both shows ... it will be my son's birthday on the Sunday (he's learning guitar ... and becoming a bit of a guitar geek) ... gives me the perfect reason for going 🙂

• Like 1

Guest Marcoelwray

Oh, no, I was planned to come in March... September suits me too. But it's too far... I'm impatient.

Anyway I think it's the right place to ask if someone could be aware of a kind of formula including entrance, staying, transportation... ?

I'd like to come with a friend (and it will be my first time in UK ! ) but we're not aware of bass London show organisation....

I have been promised an official announcement in the next couple of weeks, once all the details are finalised. At that point, their website and their Facebook page will have been overhauled too, and will carry up-to-date information. There is usually a Contact Us link, and an Exhibit With Us link on the page(s) which will have answers to questions and names of people to speak to. :)

Edited by Silvia Bluejay

I heard pretty much the same thing from a reliable source a few weeks back. I'm not sure it's such a good idea, especially if it turns out like the old BMF's from the 1980's...

I'm looking forward to a full detail press release. 

I liked it when it was the same weekend as the National Knitting and Crochet Show!! (or something similar). The knitting ladies always had a good laugh with the bass players in the lift! 😁 Not sure if I'd like it mixed in with a guitar show. Much as I love and respect guitar players, it's nice to have an event totally dedicated to the bass!!

Anyway, we'll take what we're given I guess. 

• Haha 1

Guest Marcoelwray
57 minutes ago, seashell said:

Not usually, but last year it was a nightmare!!!

Odd. Strange. Bizaaarre. But I will not judge, I leave in Belgium after all 😅

Snow can happen in London throughout the winter until April. It usually doesn't last, but one or two days of it tend to be enough to make the capital and its surroundings grind to a near halt. The LBGS 2018 happened at the same time as one of The Beasts From The East - two horrid late-winter freezing spells that covered the whole of the country in snow when it normally should have been looking spring-like. Suffice to say that LBGS exhibitors and visitors were not impressed.

Note: nothing to do with the guy with the cello above! He'd have frozen to death...

Edited by Silvia Bluejay
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, louisthebass said:

I heard pretty much the same thing from a reliable source a few weeks back. I'm not sure it's such a good idea, especially if it turns out like the old BMF's from the 1980's...

I don't know about the 1980s but I have very good memories of The London Music Shows held at Wembley in the 90s. They were very NAMM-like, in that they catered for all musical instruments, sprawled throughout several buldings, and had excellent star guests. Tickets were cheap even by the standards of the time, and included quite a lot of freebies. Very much unlike the LBGS, the Music Show had among the exhibitors a lot of big names with global market presence and practically no small luthiers.

IIRC the rot set in when the Music Show was moved to the Excel in East London, a much less suitable place for that kind of event, and then was killed off by the 2008 recession.

• Like 1