Why become a member? ×

Gretsch Junior Jet case

mik4

Has anyone found a case that would fit a SS Gretsch Junior Jet?

Its a great little bass but I cannot find anything that will fit its short scale. I've emailed Gretsch and all the obvious manufacturers and UK retailers.

When it first came out there were some postings in US suggesting you should use a standard (Fender?) guitar case - but which one???

Thanks

That's a shame. You could try a Mono M80 Case, the electric guitar one.  I use if for my shorties (Mustang, Dano '63) when out and about.  

https://monocreators.com/products/classic-electric-guitar-case-black

They’re pretty tough and I'm  sure it'll fit a Junior Jet.

Edited by Fuzzbass2000

Many Thanks again. Sorry that's outside the budget for this case and the link doesn't give any dimensions.

Gretsch have now suggested the G2168 Jet Baritone/Junior Jet Bass Gig Bag - but can't find one in the UK and so far none available until 2019!

Any other suggestions please?

• 3 months later...

Update

Eventually I contacted Gator support and they suggested several of theirs would fit. I went with the Jaguar style guitar case that was widely available. With the addition of a couple of small blocks of foam its a perfect fit so I'm very happy.

But Whoops! I now discover that it won't fit the boot of my car that I thought was enormous.

Going to start a new thread for current car recommendations that will cope with a case that's 1120 x 440mm.

Mike