Why become a member? ×

November Composition Challenge - VOTING!

Skol303

Who composed your favourite track this month?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who composed your favourite track this month?

• (Son of) Lord Sausage
    • Dad3353
    • lurksalot
    • SH73

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, lurksalot said:

congratulations 👍 excellent piece and a worthy winner 

Thank you and like wise. Always enjoy your comps. Especially the wheels on the bus 😁

I haven't  entered the challenge for a while but noticed the poor turnout in past months. Shame as there are some great musicians on here.

5 minutes ago, SH73 said:

Thank you and like wise. Always enjoy your comps. Especially the wheels on the bus 😁

I haven't  entered the challenge for a while but noticed the poor turnout in past months. Shame as there are some great musicians on here.

Why thank you.

that in fact, reminds me that December’s challenge has traditionally been based around recording/reworking a cover rather than a new composition

This opens up the chance for BCers to enter material they have done in the year , rather than struggle to work in the Christmas run up, which can be a bit busy for many.

@Skol303 @Dad3353 gents? 

Same again do you think 🤔

1 minute ago, lurksalot said:

Why thank you.

that in fact, reminds me that December’s challenge has traditionally been based around recording/reworking a cover rather than a new composition

This opens up the chance for BCers to enter material they have done in the year , rather than struggle to work in the Christmas run up, which can be a bit busy for many.

@Skol303 @Dad3353 gents? 

Not many of us sing. To be fair I composed quite a bit this year, but my compositions seem to be spontaneous and it's always a struggle to match a pic with a tune and is a last minute thing for me.

1 minute ago, SH73 said:

Not many of us sing. To be fair I composed quite a bit this year, but my compositions seem to be spontaneous and it's always a struggle to match a pic with a tune and is a last minute thing for me.

I don’t sing either :lol:

I Plinky plonk out a melody on the piano, learn it to memory , set the auto tune to just hit the notes in it , and hold on tight trying to warble somewhere near it . 

Its great fun , though I get a bit frustrated occasionally when I realise that I don’t have the voice of an angel :$

4 minutes ago, lurksalot said:

I don’t sing either :lol:

I Plinky plonk out a melody on the piano, learn it to memory , set the auto tune to just hit the notes in it , and hold on tight trying to warble somewhere near it . 

Its great fun , though I get a bit frustrated occasionally when I realise that I don’t have the voice of an angel :$

a- haaa. I knew it. Auto tune! Sounds like Simon Cowell stuff...erm where can I get auto tune? I might have a go.

2 hours ago, lurksalot said:

@Skol303 @Dad3353 gents? 

Perfectly happy with the annual cover idea but the idea is to do the thing in the month of the challenge. Otherwise, it's just a case of playing each other things we have written before and could have spent months working on. There is no challenge to it. 

• Like 1

Well done SH73! Please message me with your choice of photo, which will be used to kick off the regular monthly challenge again in the New Year.

2 hours ago, lurksalot said:

....December’s challenge has traditionally been based around recording/reworking a cover rather than a new composition

Indeed, as is tradition December's challenge doesn't have a picture theme, but is instead a 'cover song competition' and is open to songs written/recorded at any time this year. There might not be so much of a "challenge" to this festive format, but it's a nice bit of fun at this time of year and gives opportunity for all and sundry on Basschat to get involved 🙂

I'll get things started in the 'Rec forum ASAP...

46 minutes ago, Skol303 said:

Well done SH73! Please message me with your choice of photo, which will be used to kick off the regular monthly challenge again in the New Year.

Indeed, as is tradition December's challenge doesn't have a picture theme, but is instead a 'cover song competition' and is open to songs written/recorded at any time this year. There might not be so much of a "challenge" to this festive format, but it's a nice bit of fun at this time of year and gives opportunity for all and sundry on Basschat to get involved 🙂

I'll get things started in the 'Rec forum ASAP...

Phew..I've got a month to choose a photo. I'll try not to be too apocalyptic this time.

6 hours ago, SH73 said:

a- haaa. I knew it. Auto tune! Sounds like Simon Cowell stuff...erm where can I get auto tune? I might have a go.

There are a few about , the one I use is a ‘Waves’ product that I picked up for a few quid on one of their give always.

they are always having a sale on :D

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, SH73 said:

Phew..I've got a month to choose a photo. I'll try not to be too apocalyptic this time.

I’m planning to have a go at some next year, and for me you can be as a apocalyptic as you like, I don't really do subtle (another reason i’ve only ever managed one entry). Go for something we can rock to! :)

Edited by adamg67
  • Haha 1