Why become a member? ×

Sold. Status Retro Active Jazz bass.
£900

karlfer

Ok, it owes me £900, however I'm looking for a trade.

So, think this is around 2008, Status branded Hiscox case.

Lots of little dinks & chips including one on the 6th fret, bass side. I can't feel it, rest of the neck & board is wonderful

38MM nut, 9lb 10oz, 18v, vol, pan, treble, bass, active/passive super player so I'm NOT going to give this up easily, needs to be the right bass for me. Bass will be cleaned before sale.

PREFERRED TRADE.

73/74/75 Precision (plus up to £1100 for the right bass). Must be original finish, I will need photos of neck pocket, heel, pots/pick up numbers. MUST BE SUB 9.5LBS please.

Doesn't need to be immaculate. And sorry, if you think your P is worth way north of the £2k area, good luck with your sale, but too rich for me.

Other trade options,

Fender Elite Precision, with probably couple hundred to you.

Fender Elite or Deluxe Dimension, straight trade. 

My 74 Jazz & my Special Deluxe P/J take care of my gigging needs really, but I would like a 74 Precision (in particular) to go with my Jazz.

As ever, happy to drive a long way if needed & any trial in Wigan. Feedback linked below.

Many thanks for looking,

cheers,

Karl.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

Edited by karlfer
  • Like 4

Relevant excerpts from a review by Roger Newell

"Status Graphite Kings This collaboration between bass legend Mark King and Rob Green of Status Graphite produces an exciting return to form

by Roger Newell

Both KingBass models have the same electronics; as with all Status models the two Hyperactive pickups and active EQ are manufactured in- house to ensure the best possible quality throughout. The active circuitry- has a master volume, a pickup blend control, treble and bass "

Hope that helps.

Edited by karlfer

3 minutes ago, karlfer said:

Relevant excerpts from a review by Roger Newell

"Status Graphite Kings This collaboration between bass legend Mark King and Rob Green of Status Graphite produces an exciting return to form

by Roger Newell

Both KingBass models have the same electronics; as with all Status models the two Hyperactive pickups and active EQ are manufactured in- house to ensure the best possible quality throughout. The active circuitry- has a master volume, a pickup blend control, treble and bass "

Hope that helps.

Ah, thanks for that👍

22 hours ago, Bassman Sam said:

How about all the basses you've sold to me and large goldfish and an 190lt tank. Sorry the bugger can't drive it.

Nutter :lol:

I can't do it, no, I MUST resist........................

I'm weakening..............

Oh bugger, it's going to happen...................................

Why don't you get the Goldfish a Motor Pike & Side Carp. Oh the shame :$:$

Oh, & yes I will sell it if required.

Edited by karlfer
  • Haha 2

Lots of trade offers, several coming round to see it, but haven't yet.

Rather surprised this is still here, full blown Status with jazz dimension graphite neck & dots on fretboard. I've been told Rob will still do these as a custom order, but it would be around £2k.