Why become a member? ×

Helix Floor/LT/HX/Stomp/PodGo owners' Club - Tips, Ideas & Patches

Al Krow

18 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

Has anyone got any suggestions for a thin case for the Stomp? Looking for something that will stop it getting scratched when it’s in my gig bag rather than a self contained carry case for it. More like a skin I guess. 

Try Bryn at Roqsolid (www.ampcoversonline.com). I've always found him helpful .

16 minutes ago, JohnDaBass said:

Try Bryn at Roqsolid (www.ampcoversonline.com). I've always found him helpful .

Cheers John but im thinking cheap Chinese case for around £10. The Roqsolid stuff is nice but ive always thought they felt over priced for what they are.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Cheers John but im thinking cheap Chinese case for around £10. The Roqsolid stuff is nice but ive always thought they felt over priced for what they are.

Actually used this for my B3n, but suspect it could work a treat for the Stomp too. And within budget! 😊

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DUGZFA6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheers Bas but i think that's too bulky. it doesn't look like it will fit in the front pocket of my TC Electronics bag, along with the few cables in there.

Thinking maybe this one though, although ive not checked dimensions yet.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002VPE1Q6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Edited by dave_bass5

2 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Cheers Bas but i think that's too bulky. it doesn't look like it will fit in the front pocket of my TC Electronics bag, along with the few cables in there.

Thinking maybe this one though, although ive not checked dimensions yet.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002VPE1Q6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

You just need to take a view on whether yours will actually provide any decent protection? Looks worth every penny of what you are paying for it (no, that's not a compliment - lol!) and obviously mine has a pouch for TRS cables...😁

Its to go in the TCE bag, so just needs to be protected from scratches more than anything. It will be in the pocket with leads and other gig 'bits'. My TRS lead is always in the bag anyway 🙂

This is the sort of thing i was thinking about. Just need to measure things up.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Khanka-Hard-DBPOWER-Portable-Player/dp/B0787Z3ZWX/ref=pd_sbs_147_1/260-9369431-7656544?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0787Z3ZWX&pd_rd_r=0822b071-314d-4f7f-8433-db55f958aaa9&pd_rd_w=yx6AL&pd_rd_wg=dqUu7&pf_rd_p=7f9048ad-9bda-4493-8578-13e4eff8da65&pf_rd_r=STXJH754HPC1AX5QXBZ9&psc=1&refRID=STXJH754HPC1AX5QXBZ9

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

You won't believe this but I have TWO Zoom B1Fours one on my small pedal board and and the other on it's own in my cables bag. I found a hard plastic sandwich box in Tesco that with the addition of a small piece of foam provides a snug rigid protection case. £3.99! Take a look at the storage containers in Lakeland, B & M and Tesco. There maybe something small enough to give you just the protection you need. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheers, that looks just the job. Ill have a measure up and see what one I can squeeze just the Stomp in to  

I got a set of Ashdown Meters headphones for Christmas. Hardly ever use them but the Stomp fits the case well

46F23333-33FB-453F-84C4-2EB6791E7CF3.thumb.jpeg.aab8cd19348a096ffad06d69f2a3aabe.jpeg

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, foxyFuze said:

Fancy pants - pretty sure I saw you with bubble wrap and a bag for life....

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

I received my external pedal today. Not a bad purchase for £12. Even came with a short lead. I like that this one is quite low profile, so wont tip over.

Fully working with the Stomp (B7K on/of a distortion on/off), and takes up no room in the gig bag.

7397BDF5-4B85-44E6-B250-134C7A45AFA3.thumb.jpeg.9978a289f327fa229cccfd4cb0e12426.jpeg

Cool - eBay find?

So I’ve got my Stomp - this thing is leagues ahead of my old B3n- sounds, functionality everything.

The amp models are good, with the cabs the sound is dramatically different depending on the mic you use - any tips on what are good starting places for getting to grips with this?

i also googled some free IRs - that’s a whole other rabbit hole there! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LukeFRC said:

So I’ve got my Stomp - this thing is leagues ahead of my old B3n- sounds, functionality everything.

The amp models are good, with the cabs the sound is dramatically different depending on the mic you use - any tips on what are good starting places for getting to grips with this?

i also googled some free IRs - that’s a whole other rabbit hole there! 

Agreed, i cant get over how much better this sounds (to me) over the Zoom stuff.

I only wanted it so i could use 3 stomp effects, each with a footswitch, but now ive heard what it can do life is going to get a bit more complicated. Ive already fallen in love with putting the B7K at the start of every patch lol.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

If you want one in black, there's this one for a similar price from eBay. It's slightly more compact, but consequently potentially more prone to being kicked over than Dave's! Add another £5 for a TRS cable, in my case.

2 hours ago, Al Krow said:

If you want one in black, there's this one for a similar price from eBay. It's slightly more compact, but consequently potentially more prone to being kicked over than Dave's! Add another £5 for a TRS cable, in my case.

Although mine came with a short TRS cable, and i already have longer TRS cables, i just brought a short cable with right angled jacks. These should be safer and more reliable with less sticking out of the back.

Just had my first rehearsal with my Stomp. Running it to the front of my BH800 amp (no effects loop). Sounded great, although the studio cab is crap and very boomy. Mainly used the B7k sim, both with and without Distortion

I also had 70’s chorus on a few times, along with a phaser, but I need to tweak those as the effect is too strong. So far it’s all been on headphones at home so understandable. 

What I was surprised at, as were the band, was how well the Octave down worked. Just here and there, but it made a big difference to the overall mix. It was nice having that low D back for the end of songs, without needing a 5 string. 

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Still loving my Stomp. Its making life more complicated as I’m forever jumping,on switches now, but it’s good fun. 

2 questions.

When using an amp sim, or rig sim, where you do put it? My mind thinks at the end, just like pedals in to a rig. Is this what most do? I must admit ive not got in to splitting the chain yet, my needs are quite modest at the moment. 

The second is, does anyone use a different PSU, but still in stand alone mode and not a pedal board? I could do with something slightly smaller, and something that doesn’t fall apart when I unplug it from the wall  (Might superglue it together)

1 hour ago, dave_bass5 said:

Still loving my Stomp. Its making life more complicated as I’m forever jumping,on switches now, but it’s good fun. 

2 questions.

When using an amp sim, or rig sim, where you do put it? My mind thinks at the end, just like pedals in to a rig. Is this what most do? I must admit ive not got in to splitting the chain yet, my needs are quite modest at the moment. 

The second is, does anyone use a different PSU, but still in stand alone mode and not a pedal board? I could do with something slightly smaller, and something that doesn’t fall apart when I unplug it from the wall  (Might superglue it together)

I usually put the amp/cab/IR blocks at or near the end of the chain - sometimes I'll put delay/reverb/compression afterwards.... I just play around with it in HX edit and see what I like better.

I'm no fan of the stock PSU either - I went with a slightly less permanent option than superglue though!

helix psu.jpg

• Al Krow changed the title to Helix Floor/LT/HX/Stomp/PodGo owners' Club - Tips, Ideas & Patches