Why become a member? ×

Helix Floor/LT/HX/Stomp/PodGo owners' Club - Tips, Ideas & Patches

Al Krow

3 minutes ago, acidbass said:

Is the clue in the title?

SEE GHXSTOMPII

Yup, still none the wiser though lol. Think I’ll wait till either the second hand market throws up a few Mk1 versions, or save up for a Mk2 at some point. Even though I love my analogue stuff these are tbh much easier to use on a gig ha ha

2 hours ago, jimbobothy said:

…. anyone seen this yet?

https://www.yamahamusiclondon.com/HX-Stomp-Pedal/pidGHXSTOMP

… I wonder what is going to replace it?

It would appear that the pedal replacing it is the HX Stomp (I've just compared the specs of the discontinued one with the one they're selling for £499). Having just had a search to try and find what's happening, there's a couple of posts to various places that pretty firmly squash rumours of the Stomp's demise and there don't seem to be any rumours of an update in the pipeline.

26 minutes ago, tauzero said:

It would appear that the pedal replacing it is the HX Stomp (I've just compared the specs of the discontinued one with the one they're selling for £499). Having just had a search to try and find what's happening, there's a couple of posts to various places that pretty firmly squash rumours of the Stomp's demise and there don't seem to be any rumours of an update in the pipeline.

Does seem weird that the Yamaha store (and Yamaha are Helix's parent) would mention a Stomp 2 and as being something better? I mean why undermine one of your product range in that way, if it's not being discontinued? 

I don't think it's unrealistic that 4 years after releasing this, they are going for a v2. I suspect it will have a similar form factor and functionality with some improvements. Question should be, what would we want from a v2 that would represent a useful upgrade / replacement?

2 minutes ago, CJPJ said:

I don't think it's unrealistic that 4 years after releasing this, they are going for a v2. I suspect it will have a similar form factor and functionality with some improvements. Question should be, what would we want from a v2 that would represent a useful upgrade / replacement?

1. Increased processing power.

2. Bigger & touch screen. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jimbobothy said:

… aren’t the above describing something already on the market 😁

What had you got in mind? 

For me the trick would be combining some more up to date hardware with Helix's market leading software. 

39 minutes ago, jimbobothy said:

…. wrong thread but the Quad Cortex I think!

As the billionaire said, when their spouse asked for a divorce for their birthday... 

"Heck, I wasn't thinking of spending that much money!" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here’s a question that might make me look like an idiot… 

I’ve used a few compressor pedals before and in build compressors in amps, (Tecamp puma 1000 and Hughes Kettner QT600 come to mind) I even have used the compressors on a zoom b3 and B3n successfully… so I know a little light compression does things I really like … but…

hx stomp I’ve had less joy dialling in a basic starting point that works - apart from the LA studio comp that I can sometimes get sounding ok… 

now the problem is all me- lack of ear skills, lack of metering meaning lack of confidence … it’s the thread hold I find hardest to set - and not knowing the ideal x-over freq on the 3 band… and the Rochester 

so any tips of how to work it out - or any suggested starting places settings for bass settings - esp on the 3 band? 

• Like 1

Mind truely blown.

Just been exploring the Helix Floor as an audio interface. It's been setup in Cubase for this for a while but never really explored the possibilities.

It occured to me that it would be good to take a dry uneffected tone to one track on Cubase and the second line of effects below that to another. Can it be done I thought. It sure can. Jason Sadites as always has an excellent video on the subject so followed that and now I can mix the effeted bass tone separately from the effected tone with all the possibilities around that. 

What a wonderful machine. After five years with it I'm still learning.

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/07/2022 at 08:30, LukeFRC said:

Here’s a question that might make me look like an idiot… 

I’ve used a few compressor pedals before and in build compressors in amps, (Tecamp puma 1000 and Hughes Kettner QT600 come to mind) I even have used the compressors on a zoom b3 and B3n successfully… so I know a little light compression does things I really like … but…

hx stomp I’ve had less joy dialling in a basic starting point that works - apart from the LA studio comp that I can sometimes get sounding ok… 

now the problem is all me- lack of ear skills, lack of metering meaning lack of confidence … it’s the thread hold I find hardest to set - and not knowing the ideal x-over freq on the 3 band… and the Rochester 

so any tips of how to work it out - or any suggested starting places settings for bass settings - esp on the 3 band? 

I'm having the exact same issue, I usually just use the compression in my amp/plugins with no issues,  but I cant really find a setting on the hx I get along with. I swear the preset levels on every patch in the hx has just insane settings, why can't everything be set flat by default?!

• Like 1