Why become a member? ×

Helix Floor/LT/HX/Stomp/PodGo owners' Club - Tips, Ideas & Patches

Al Krow

Just wondering (and do excuse this if it’s an absolutely daft question, it’s because I’m absolutely daft) if, whilst using the stomp as an interface to go into Logic I can still use HX Edit to alter the Stomps effect parameters from the same laptop I’m running Logic on?

8 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Just wondering (and do excuse this if it’s an absolutely daft question, it’s because I’m absolutely daft) if, whilst using the stomp as an interface to go into Logic I can still use HX Edit to alter the Stomps effect parameters from the same laptop I’m running Logic on?

Yes I think so. I’m pretty sure that’s what I was doing into GarageBand 

On 02/06/2020 at 13:33, dave_bass5 said:

Right. Totally changed what ive said earlier and going for a very small pedal board. 

Ive been looking at ways to power the Stomp and my Becos comp. i dont want to buy an expensive PSU for this, but I’m wondering if I’m thinking about it the wrong way. I’m happy to run two wall warts if I have to, but I’m wondering if there would there be any issues if i used the Line6 PSU to power both. Obviously ill need an adapter to bing the 2.5mm down to 2.1, but as far as i can see thats it. 

Anyone done this before?

I have done this with a 2.5 to 2.1mm adapter, then daisy chain, then a 2.1 to 2.5mm Line 6 adapter for the stomp. I also used a Mooer ZGP isolator whenever I use an analog pedal. 

• Like 1

Just now, Frank Blank said:

Excellent, should have just tried it out really!

My surprise was I had the USB into the laptop, and then the out into the bass amp... pressed record and the GarageBand click track and drum loop suddenly was coming, very loud, out my bass amp! Was not expecting it to send audio both ways! 

Just now, LukeFRC said:

My surprise was I had the USB into the laptop, and then the out into the bass amp... pressed record and the GarageBand click track and drum loop suddenly was coming, very loud, out my bass amp! Was not expecting it to send audio both ways! 

Exactly what happened to me.

9 minutes ago, ordep said:

I have done this with a 2.5 to 2.1mm adapter, then daisy chain, then a 2.1 to 2.5mm Line 6 adapter for the stomp. I also used a Mooer ZGP isolator whenever I use an analog pedal. 

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m planning, although I’ve been told I’ll get nose and interference. I’ve got the relevant adapters coming next week. I have to at least give it a try. 
I may end up not using the comp after a while, after all, I’ll have the Stomp for that as well, but to start with I prefer to use the Becos as it has the meter. 

Cheers.  

4 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m planning, although I’ve been told I’ll get nose and interference. I’ve got the relevant adapters coming next week. I have to at least give it a try. 
I may end up not using the comp after a while, after all, I’ll have the Stomp for that as well, but to start with I prefer to use the Becos as it has the meter. 

Cheers.  

I would just like to add that I used a reverse polarity adaptor between the daisy chain and the line 5 2.1 to 2.5 adaptor as the L6 adaptor is centre positive. 

The mooer will definitely help with any noise issues. 

The post below got me thinking about the very short loop time and general meh status of loopers on both my Helix and Zoom multis, which provide a max of 60secs or 30secs loop time respectively. A bit pants, right?

Came across this nifty little pedal today, the Lekato Loop Station, which seems worth checking out.

image.png.b9bcca9cab09c65fd0a6b685ce0375e3.png

40 mins total recording for 9 loops. Max per single loop = 10 mins. Unlimited overdubs, LED display including showing how far through any particular loop you are. Ability to load backing tracks from PC and store your loops on PC via micro USB. Built in tuner.

And at just £33 on eBay, I couldn't resist ordering one although I guess there will potentially be 20% VAT and £12 handling charge on top, so more like £52, but still seems like a lot of pedal for the money. By comparison, the similar sized TC Ditto with a total of 5 mins recording time is around £75; but the Lekato seems way more feature rich.

On 03/06/2020 at 21:25, ordep said:

I would just like to add that I used a reverse polarity adaptor between the daisy chain and the line 5 2.1 to 2.5 adaptor as the L6 adaptor is centre positive. 

The mooer will definitely help with any noise issues. 

Yeah, i have the polarity reverser from when I briefly had a SmoothHound. 

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies upfront for the probably stupid question, and hope you can help.

I have been looking at both the FX and the Stomp recently. I definitely prefer the layout of the FX and 90% of the time it’ll be perfect while using my full rig, but have a few flyout shows a year and want the option of going direct to FOH. I’ve been reading a lot about the FX not being suitable for this with no amp/cab sims, but I dont really understand why, if I use an IR and EQ it properly it won’t work. I’ve gone direct from my B7K Ultra before and it sounded great. Whats the difference?

Edited by StuartCrawl

My findings this week...

the stomp is awesome. 
Rochester comp into svt4 - I don’t even know how to optimise the comp really, but it’s transformed a bottom heavy and thumpy sounding Lakland 55-94

its not even doing anything that special.

i love the way I can tailor a rig to a bass. I don’t really use it for more than that at the moment but it’s fantastic!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

No reason at all not to use the HFX. It has a few preamps and like you say, you can use IR’s or EQ. There are a few cab sim EQ settings on the Dr Tone Lab website showing its possible. 

Thanks for the advice mate. I actually ended up going for the Stomp. Just too many extra options to pass up. When I really thought about it, 6 switches would probably have been overkill as I won’t need more than 3 sounds per song. 

53 minutes ago, StuartCrawl said:

Thanks for the advice mate. I actually ended up going for the Stomp. Just too many extra options to pass up. When I really thought about it, 6 switches would probably have been overkill as I won’t need more than 3 sounds per song. 

Nice one. My only issue the Stomp for live use is its size,  it’s easy to kick by mistake. Also when using external foot switches it’s hard to see if they are on. Minor issues really. 

2 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

Nice one. My only issue the Stomp for live use is its size,  it’s easy to kick by mistake. Also when using external foot switches it’s hard to see if they are on. Minor issues really. 

Should be fine. Will be on a metro 16 with a Boss RC3  and my Shure wireless, along with 2 dual switches so plenty to protect it, plus I use a board light anyway so hopefully all will be well. I’m only going to use the dual switch to move presets up and down, not as extra effects. 

Edited by StuartCrawl
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, StuartCrawl said:

Should be fine. Will be on a metro 16 with a Boss RC3  and my Shure wireless, along with 2 dual switches so plenty to protect it, plus I use a board light anyway so hopefully all will be well. I’m only going to use the dual switch to move presets up and down, not as extra effects. 

Yeah, on a board is perfect. I was trying to get away from using one so ended up using mine just on the floor. My HFX was great for this, but I couldn’t justify keeping both and the Stomp is more an all round box for me. 

23 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

Yeah, on a board is perfect. I was trying to get away from using one so ended up using mine just on the floor. My HFX was great for this, but I couldn’t justify keeping both and the Stomp is more an all round box for me. 

I know what you mean. The headphone jack and the interface function will be a game changer for me. Will hugely help with demoing for our next album. Especially at the minute when we can’t actually rehearse. We had a big live year lined up and obviously that’s all gone, so focusing on album number 3 instead. 

35 minutes ago, StuartCrawl said:

I know what you mean. The headphone jack and the interface function will be a game changer for me. Will hugely help with demoing for our next album. Especially at the minute when we can’t actually rehearse. We had a big live year lined up and obviously that’s all gone, so focusing on album number 3 instead. 

There are more features coming in then V3 update that will make it even better. I thought I’d miss the headphones with the HFX but it works fine, although not as convenient. 

I cant think of anything better for recording at this price point with these features. 

Good luck with the album. Wish I could motivate my lot to do something, anything, collaborative. 

• Like 1

On 28/06/2020 at 03:56, acidbass said:

Anyone else having issues with the new 2.92 update? HX Edit isn't finding my device and when it does, it crashes when I click on a patch. Very frustrating!

No problems here. Simple install and everything working fine. 

2 hours ago, molan said:

No problems here. Simple install and everything working fine. 

Did a fresh install of HX Edit and it seems to have solved the problem, guess it might have been the drivers or summat!

• Like 1