Why become a member? ×

Helix Floor/LT/HX/Stomp/PodGo owners' Club - Tips, Ideas & Patches

Al Krow

6 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Ooh, just noticed the Stomp now has the coloured foot switch indicators like the Effects when using the Tuner. Very cool. 

good shout that's a cool feature!

- and super quick to start up too now! :) 

19 minutes ago, bassfan said:

Does it? I’m looking for a nice synth ! 😃

I think it could be a building block to getting more synth tones out if it. I only had a quick play but if you back the fuzz off It seems to be able to put out sine/saw/square wave tones  which you could process further? 
having said that no doubt it’s not as good as a dedicated synth pedal but hey ho

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bassfan said:

Does it? I’m looking for a nice synth ! 😃

Boss SY-1 for you matey. Dial in a couple of good synth sounds without ever needing to hook up to a PC, set and forget. Tracks without glitching like a deer hunter. Job done. 

Sadly Helix doesn't have the ability to generate a sine, sawtooth or square wave so it's going to struggle on the synth front. The only multifx in the Helix price range that has proper synth ability is the full fat Mooer GE300. The cut down GE300 Lite, announced at NAMM this year, which is Helix HX Effects in size, has lost both the expression pedal and the synth engine.

3 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Boss SY-1 for you matey. Dial in a couple of good synth sounds without ever needing to hook up to a PC, set and forget. Tracks without glitching like a deer hunter. Job done. 

Sadly Helix doesn't have the ability to generate a sine, sawtooth or square wave so it's going to struggle on the synth front. The only multifx in the Helix price range that has proper synth ability is the full fat Mooer GE300. The cut down GE300 Lite, announced at NAMM this year, which is Helix HX Effects in size, has lost both the expression pedal and the synth engine.

Damn. Didn’t really want another pedal.. 😐 I do have room though 🤔

Just now, dave_bass5 said:

Just untie your keyboard players left hand and let him do what he/she is supposed to be doing 😉

And risk him or her nicking our bass lines. No way!

But fair point - the most authentic bass synth is still done by a...synth. 

25 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

Xenomorph not do it well enough? 

Look forward to hearing what you guys think about it when you've had a chance to put it through its paces and whether it manages to track at speed without glitching, which for me is the key for live use.

I'm catered for on the synth front with my Boss SY-1, so won't need to faff about with Helix for that particular fx. Nice little SY-1 review posted earlier today from a fellow BCer.

... anyone updated to 2.9 yet? Also does anyone know whey there is a small E next to a patch name, especially when using the snapshot functions? Not noticed it before and just wondering if it’s due to updating this morning?

Edited by jimbobothy
Correction

1 minute ago, jimbobothy said:

... anyone updated to 2.9 yet? Also does anyone know whey there is a small E next to a patch name, especially when using the snapshot functions? Not noticed it before and just wondering if it’s due to updating this morning?

I've not had chance to update yet, but mine (LT) has always had the small E next to the patch name.

So, here's the deal.

I'm using a 2010 Mac in my kitchen to record on logic.  I record both guitar and bass, mostly rocky/metally stuff but some ambient solo bass stuff as well.  All my effects to date are added in the DAW using amplitube, waves etc etc but in it's old age the mac is starting to struggle a little.

I was thinking the stomp might be useful as I can just add my compression, distortion/whatever I need for my tone in the stomp, plug the output into my interface then record directly in the DAW which would remove the need for processing in the DAW and hopefully saving the CPU and stopping logic from crashing everytime I try to do anything fancy....

Is the stomp the thing for me?

Just a heads up on 2.9 update having just done mine.

For some reason, FS3 became tap tuner for all my presets. After a short panic I twigged it just needed a global setting change to set FS3 function back to Stomp.

Never came across this when I upgraded to 2.8.2 so it must be a new bug, feature

22 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Yes.

Straight to the point.  I like it.

Ok a couple of concerns to alleviate then I think I will pull the trigger today.

1. I see a lot of chat about updates.  I assume some kind of software is required for this.  How likely is said software to work smoothly on a 2010 mac running El Capitan with 4GB memory?

2. Is it possible to record via USB from the stomp into logic or am I better just running via the audio interface as I mentioned above

3. Anyone know the cheapest place to order from?

• Al Krow changed the title to Helix Floor/LT/HX/Stomp/PodGo owners' Club - Tips, Ideas & Patches