Why become a member? ×

Helix Floor/LT/HX/Stomp/PodGo owners' Club - Tips, Ideas & Patches

Al Krow

5 minutes ago, iamtheelvy said:

So, hear me out...

The HX Stomp is quite tempting, but with a set of go-to pedals already it's difficult to figure out where it would sit with them. Pondering the alternative of two HX Ones at different points in the chain... It's a bit more space taken up, but easy to plan in different effects combos, and easier to power!

Costs work out much the same, so it's more a case of how much space it takes up. No need for amp Sims, so am I missing anything with this?

As soon as you want a third HX effect, you'll have to buy another HX One. There's a send-return loop on the HX Stomp if you want your set of pedals in the middle of the Stomp stuff.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tauzero said:

As soon as you want a third HX effect, you'll have to buy another HX One. There's a send-return loop on the HX Stomp if you want your set of pedals in the middle of the Stomp stuff.

Interesting. Requires some different routing, but could work well.

I had my old stomp set up in line with other pedals as well as some things in the loop. 

Ian Martin Allison has just done Janek’s podcast and they touch upon this briefly about committing to a Stomo and how IMA has his set up. Might be worth a look although it doesn’t go mad in depth into routing. 

Between the stomp and it’s loop and an external looper there are quite a few possibilities depending on your needs. 

• Like 1

On 16/03/2024 at 16:14, tauzero said:

There's a send-return loop on the HX Stomp if you want your set of pedals in the middle of the Stomp stuff.

I didn't see that (hence my comments on lateral thinking) as it's cunningly hidden on the side.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I just got my hands on the HX One and gotta say I’m pretty impressed. The Regal is actually quite nice with some drives in the front of it and there are some really cool modulation fx built in.

Still not 100% sure if it’s enough to kick my Boss GT1000core off which has a lot of signal routing options available but it’s definitely made the Stomp a far more compelling alternative. I only ever use the CORE for its noise gate, an occasional modulation/delay so this covers off all of that in a smaller and cheaper package.

Gonna keep digging through the effects 🙌

• Like 2

The tape reel has a nice saturation effect which is worth checking out. I was thinking of getting one for some chorus and maybe replacing a drive or two but should really demo one first even though I’ve had a stomp before. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ive just discovered the prize drive(Noble overdrive) 

wow! thats the the best drive on the Helix for bass on the Helix, can do subtle boost, tubey overdrive to full on distortion and holds the low end easily. 

why have I missed this up to this point? 

• Like 1