Why become a member? ×

Helix Floor/LT/HX/Stomp/PodGo owners' Club - Tips, Ideas & Patches

Al Krow

35 minutes ago, Greg Edwards69 said:

Trouble is, too many people get caught up in specs and numbers and forget to use those fleshy extremities on the side of the head.

It’s the way of the forums. It seems to mostly bother those that don’t have it, or ever intend to have it, rather than those that have it and just get on and use it. 

2 hours ago, Greg Edwards69 said:

I remember TC coming under fire a number of years ago for "lying" to customers about their power rating and handling.  

It wasn't just a few years ago, as you can see, these things carry on. People seem to get very upset about other people liking any of the RH heads. Which I do!

28 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Apologies if someone has already posted and I missed, but Line 6 have provided an updated set of manuals to bring them up to date for release 3.0

I've attached the one I've downloaded for HX Effects:

HX Effects - Manual (3.0).pdf 9.19 MB · 1 download

What updates did the HFX get? Seems like the Stomp got quite a few new features (not bass specific). 

8 minutes ago, stoo said:

16 (I think) new effects, and Favorites/User Model Defaults. Looks like that might be it for HXFX this time....

https://line6.com/support/page/kb/effects-controllers/helix/helix-30-release-notes-r934/

Thanks. At least it got the Fav’s and user defaults. I wonder if the Pod Go will take over at the lower end. 

Although I’m never keen on presets,  it looks like the big boys got a lot of new ones. Some seem like they might be interesting. Ive only got Native left now, but that seems to have got almost everything new. 

Edited by dave_bass5

21 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

It wasn't just a few years ago, as you can see, these things carry on. People seem to get very upset about other people liking any of the RH heads. Which I do!

The fact that the RH450 is the single worst sounding amp I’ve ever had the misfortune to use on a gig doesn’t mean I have the remotest interest about whether other people like them or not. 

We’re all different and have different tastes in amp tone. 

1 hour ago, molan said:

The fact that the RH450 is the single worst sounding amp I’ve ever had the misfortune to use on a gig doesn’t mean I have the remotest interest about whether other people like them or not. 

We’re all different and have different tastes in amp tone. 

Too right. Not sure why its even being discussed. Ive never been convinced I’m wrong for not liking anything. 

I get the feeling you are still on the fence about that head though 😁

• Haha 1

On 06/12/2018 at 14:26, GisserD said:

VERSION:  Stomp

TITLE: Patch example - Crossover into parallel paths

DESCRIPTION: Tubey low gain sound with clean lows. sounds ace with flats on my P

IN DETAIL: Using a Crossover split at 500Hz, sending highs and mids through a mpeg SVT amp & 810 cab, lows through studio compressor, then merged. 

There's a volume pedal block on each path as i find it useful to switch these on and off to hear what each path contains. 

Amp Tone'z.hlxUnavailable

amptonez.mp3 250.34 kB · 62 downloads

Just picking up on the excellent post above which appeared right at right at the start of this thread from Mr Gisser. The cool thing that I hadn't spotted that is available post update 2.90 is that we now can also split the signal by playing dynamics / how hard you're striking a note [5.45 of the YT clip below] as well as frequency crossover. That could have a lot of interesting applications and seems to me to be a very cool feature.

@PatrickJ has recently introduced me to this guy - I really like the clarity of his tutorials and they're not too long either.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tauzero said:

In case everybody's missed it, 3.01 is out already.

I tried updating yesterday and my PC only decided to reboot on its own part way through the task. You can imagine. The Helix didn't like that at all and ended up with the dreaded "Boot error, entered update mode" and that was it. Wouldn't do a thing. "Oh my goodness" I said and went away for a bike ride to calm down.

Came back much calmer and found a video from Chad Boston who, very calmly, explained how to sort it and it worked first time. The Helix lives again. Phew.

Edited by BassBus

7 hours ago, tauzero said:

In case everybody's missed it, 3.01 is out already.

Thanks for sharing that. Apparently: "The Helix 3.01 update addresses potential severely corrupted audio output. Due to this, we recommend updating your Helix family device as soon as possible. This issue may also be experienced on Helix Native; an update for Native will be available in the very near future."

3 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Thanks for sharing that. Apparently: "The Helix 3.01 update addresses potential severely corrupted audio output. Due to this, we recommend updating your Helix family device as soon as possible. This issue may also be experienced on Helix Native; an update for Native will be available in the very near future."

IIR L6 did this with the last update. I believe there were two patches for 2.5 within a few days of 2.5 being released. Makes me wonder about their testing process. Good that they are on the case, but still......

6 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

IIR L6 did this with the last update. I believe there were two patches for 2.5 within a few days of 2.5 being released. Makes me wonder about their testing process. Good that they are on the case, but still......

There’s always going to be bugs. And there will always those that don’t come up in tests. The real test is how quickly you can respond and issue a patch 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

There’s always going to be bugs. And there will always those that don’t come up in tests. The real test is how quickly you can respond and issue a patch 

True, but these are devices used in a professional environment , i just cant see how this gets missed during beta testing, and twice in a row?

Just sloppy IME, although commendable that they fixed it quickly.

2 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

True, but these are devices used in a professional environment , i just cant see how this gets missed during beta testing, and twice in a row?

Just sloppy IME, although commendable that they fixed it quickly.

Ever used a Mac professionally? You never update the OS or anything from Adobe for the first few months

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LukeFRC said:

Ever used a Mac professionally? You never update the OS or anything from Adobe for the first few months

Yes I have, and not all professional mac users need anything from Adobe!

54 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

And for balance - ever turned off windows PC and had to wait while it installs some updates...

It seems weekly. and spending hours getting it working properly (and by that I mean hours yesterday!)

Edited by Woodinblack

4 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

Yes, and PC’s. I know most things get updated over time etc, L6 gear is no different, but my point is its pretty much a fixed system, its not like there are lots of different configurations etc, they must have tried it out on at least each model but missed it. 

I have no issues with bug fixes etc, but i cant see how it wasnt flagged earlier, and with the same happening to the 2.5 release (two fixes in 48 hours IIR). it just seems disappointing.

Not that it effects me at all of course. 

• Al Krow changed the title to Helix Floor/LT/HX/Stomp/PodGo owners' Club - Tips, Ideas & Patches