Why become a member? ×

Helix Floor/LT/HX/Stomp/PodGo owners' Club - Tips, Ideas & Patches

Al Krow

After getting a TRS cable I finally got my expression pedal to work as a volume pedal. Thanks to those who helped me troubleshoot this.

However i did run into difficulty when trying to set up a preset so that the volume block acted in bypass mode when the expression pedal was engaged as a whammy. It was strange as it was automatically reversed to how I wanted it - the effects(whammy) was on and engaging the foot switch changed it over to the volume block. It took me about an hour to get this the other way around and I still have no idea how I did this?

• Like 1

(edit - I'm all sorted out now, thank you)
I'm wondering if there is any current Stomp owner running v2.82 that might be able to help me out. Recently my Stomp was stolen, and as I wasn't using the amp or cab models anyway I decide to replace it with the HX Effects. I have backups of my Stomp patches, but only as a 'total' backup, and these can't be accessed unless I actually have a Stomp connected. Unfortunately no-one I know in Estonia owns a Stomp,  so I was wondering if there is some kind Stomp-owning soul here that might be able to take my 'total' backup, restore it to their Stomp and then dump out around 30-40 of my patches to separate preset files? I'd be willing to compensate you for your time and effort; I guess it's about a 30 minute job from start to finish. Please send me a PM if you'd be willing to help me out, thanks!

Edited by OzMike

apparently this is coming in the next update...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaqrldf6ZpI

plus...

2.9 Model Updates:

-Revv Purple (Ch3)
-1x12 Fullerton and Grammatico Cabs
-Red Llama Drive
-Steve Vai Legendary Drive
-Harmonic Antagonizer Fuzz
-Rochester Comp (Billy Sheehan Compressor)
-Small Stone Phaser
-Split Dynamics (Path A/B Routing)

Feature Updates:

-Output Meters
-Gain Reduction Meters
-Clip Indicators
-IR Attachment by Name
-New Switch/Snap/Looper Layout Options
-New Model Subcategory Shortcuts
-Update from HX Edit
-A/B Compare for HX Native

Available “soon.”

38 minutes ago, cattytown said:

I wouldn't bet on it 🙂

That would be a pretty hilarious move on Line 6's part.... 

"Yeah - we know you've been waiting a long time for 2.90.... we had it ready a while back, but there was so much beaching on the internet about how long it was taking so we decided to just not bother to release it. Anyway - here's 3.0 beeeeeyaaaaaatches." 

Edited by stoo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GisserD said:

apparently this is coming in the next update...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaqrldf6ZpI

plus...

2.9 Model Updates:

-Revv Purple (Ch3)
-1x12 Fullerton and Grammatico Cabs
-Red Llama Drive
-Steve Vai Legendary Drive
-Harmonic Antagonizer Fuzz
-Rochester Comp (Billy Sheehan Compressor)
-Small Stone Phaser
-Split Dynamics (Path A/B Routing)

Feature Updates:

-Output Meters
-Gain Reduction Meters
-Clip Indicators
-IR Attachment by Name
-New Switch/Snap/Looper Layout Options
-New Model Subcategory Shortcuts
-Update from HX Edit
-A/B Compare for HX Native

Available “soon.”

Any information on what the Rochester comp is?  I did a bit of a Google search and from what I saw Sheehan used a Ashy rackmount stereo compress or the classic MXR Bass Compressor.

The meters sound interesting.

29 minutes ago, PJ-Bassist said:

Any information on what the Rochester comp is?  I did a bit of a Google search and from what I saw Sheehan used a Ashy rackmount stereo compress or the classic MXR Bass Compressor.

The meters sound interesting.

I asked this before, but never got a conclusive answer. I wonder if its the Pigtronix comp he used to use. 

Could be this as well

http://whirlwindusa.com/catalog/black-boxes-effects-and-dis/effects/red-box-compressor

Edited by dave_bass5

Biy has been working with Line 6 so I’m sure it’ll be a hardening back to some of his vintage gear. The L6 guys would likely be more keen to model some older hard to find stuff that a pigtronix - no gear snobbery intended. 

13 minutes ago, krispn said:

Biy has been working with Line 6 so I’m sure it’ll be a hardening back to some of his vintage gear. The L6 guys would likely be more keen to model some older hard to find stuff that a pigtronix - no gear snobbery intended. 

Well the Red box comp i linked to above has been out since 1978 apparently, so I’d class that as vintage, although not hard to get. 

We will have to wait and see. 

7 minutes ago, krispn said:

As is the Pearce pre amp he used and I think there was some modelling done on that too by L6 for him. 

Jeez the typo’s earlier. Apologies 🙂

Haha, no worse than my posts. 

Ive tried using the Helix comps, and while i know loads love them I’m finding my Becos to really hit the spot at the moment. Hoping the new comp sim might change that so i can ditch a separate box. 

48 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Well the Red box comp i linked to above has been out since 1978 apparently, so I’d class that as vintage, although not hard to get. 

We will have to wait and see. 

I did see this but from what I read the Red Box is effectively a pre-dunlop MXR Dynacomp clone.  The dynacomp is already modelled so I'm not sure this would add anything particularly new to the range of available compressors and would be a bit of a disappointment.

Edited by PJ-Bassist

4 minutes ago, PJ-Bassist said:

I did see this but from what I read the Red Box is effectively a pre-dunlop MXR Dynacomp clone.  The dynacomp is already modelled so I'm not sure this would add anything particularly new to the range of available compressors and would be a bit of a disappointment.

Yeah, i thought that after I posted. Just clutching at straws lol. 

1 minute ago, dave_bass5 said:

Yeah, i thought that after I posted. Just clutching at straws lol. 

When you google Rochester Compressor the Red Box is what comes up so you might well be right, it would just be a bit disappointing.

I've been using the Deluxe comp and it's been alright.

I still have my Cali 76 so I may well patch that in and do some A/B with the presets on the HXS. Typically the C-19 virus may well put an end to gigging for the foreseeable so lots of time to refine things!

Edited by krispn

On 16/03/2020 at 21:00, krispn said:

I still have my Cali 76 so I may well patch that in and do some A/B with the presets on the HXS. Typically the C-19 virus may well put an end to gigging for the foreseeable so lots of time to refine things!

My Becos comp is the first comp ive actually understood how to use properly. I like that i can see what's happening and tweak as needed. Although im sure the comps in the Helix are just as good, i dont find them as easy to use. I like the simple things in life.