Why become a member? ×

Helix Floor/LT/HX/Stomp/PodGo owners' Club - Tips, Ideas & Patches

Al Krow

4 minutes ago, bassfan said:

Hope my purple knobs are treated with care by customs 😂

and... thanks!! 

You'd best hope they slip under Customs' radar, and are not treated at all, otherwise you'll have 20% VAT & £12 handling charge to pay on top! 😁

Right. I’ll be the first to admit I’m part lazy and part pushed for time and part newbie to useable effects, not fully understanding changing frequencies etc..... 

I am more than happy with my bass/amp but I know there’s a lot in this box (HXFX)  that can enhance what I already have .

Would anyone like to share any combinations they have or suggestions on what combinations to use for:

1. Uptown Funk

2. Synthy MJ sound. (Billie Jean/PYt) 

3. A nice Eq setting for a good Marcus Miller sound. Slap in general  

4. vintage Motown/P bass. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bassfan said:

Right. I’ll be the first to admit I’m part lazy and part pushed for time and part newbie to useable effects, not fully understanding changing frequencies etc..... 

I am more than happy with my bass/amp but I know there’s a lot in this box (HXFX)  that can enhance what I already have .

Would anyone like to share any combinations they have or suggestions on what combinations to use for:

1. Uptown Funk

2. Synthy MJ sound. (Billie Jean/PYt) 

3. A nice Eq setting for a good Marcus Miller sound. Slap in general  

4. vintage Motown/P bass. 

No

😂

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Deedee said:

Not sure if this has been posted already, apologies if it has. Not quite my thing but interesting all the same.

https://idogomusic.com/bass-synth-pedal-line-6/

I’ve got some time tomorrow. Growler and tron down look useable!! 👍🏻👍🏻

Edited by bassfan
  • Like 1

I picked up my HX Effects yesterday. Didn't have much time with it as I'm full of cold at the moment and went to bed early. Basically set it up to check it was working and went through the drive/distortion effects before calling it a day. It appears to be a lot more complicated than the M series but that's not surprising considering it can do more. I found two drives I like the sound of straight away which was nice considering I didn't really like those on the M's. Need to update it though, I'm about three firmware updates behind. Looking forward to trying out the Sansamp effect once the unit has the latest firmware.

2 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

Helix alternative by Boss review....ish.....

well that told me almost nothing apart from the fact the screen shows a big number. 
The sad thing is I bet that guy gets more plays for his reviews than @Dood does for his excellent (though hard to find) ones

3 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

well that told me almost nothing apart from the fact the screen shows a big number. 
The sad thing is I bet that guy gets more plays for his reviews than @Dood does for his excellent (though hard to find) ones

Hep - hence the ....ish.

i used to like their reviews, then they openly told me they do not do a review unless it’s financed by the company who makes what they are reviewing.

Pointless - they will never put out a ‘bad’ review, although you may be able to glean stuff from a less than positive one 

2 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

Hep - hence the ....ish.

i used to like their reviews, then they openly told me they do not do a review unless it’s financed by the company who makes what they are reviewing.

Pointless - they will never put out a ‘bad’ review, although you may be able to glean stuff from a less than positive one 

I don’t mind sponsored reviews. In fact sometimes i prefer them as i know more will be put in to making the item sound good. I look on them not as reviews though, more how it works/see it in action etc, and then make my own judgement. I don’t really care what a 'reviewer' thinks of most things anyway, I just want to hear what it sounds like and what it can do. 

Well I know what is going on my birthday list! 

Questions:

does the send/return to outboard pedals warrant the use of 0/1/2 blocks on the stomp? (Mono)

Are the input and output blocks mandatory? 

Could you use the right return to feed the headphones and use it as a headphone amp for  mono IEMs? I have a fancy cable that sends a IEM feed from a headphone amp on my pedal board up to my bass to I can have a wierd IEM.

Ok, I have joined the club (picked up a helix floor on Saturday) . Quite impressed so far, especially the ease of setting presets and snapshots.

The nearest to a niggle is the amp model tone controls - they seem to take a lot of twisting - can the rate be adjusted?

Any must knows?

Thanks,

Paul.

Been spending time with my new HX Effects this week. Is there any way I can remain in snapshot mode without returning to preset mode? Within global settings, latching seems to return it  to preset mode and momentary to stomp mode. The manual seems to suggest I can do this by altering the switches but I can't see how other than the two options I've mentioned. I must be missing something?

Edited by burno70

It's a real shame the HX Effects doesn't have amp/cab sims. Would be perfect otherwise. I was reading some grievances on the line6 forum about users who max out the DSP before hitting the maximum number of blocks. That would be annoying.  

I'm torn between incorporating a stomp into my pedal board or replacing the entire thing with an LT. How do LT users find it without the scribble strips?

1 hour ago, Davebassics said:

It's a real shame the HX Effects doesn't have amp/cab sims. Would be perfect otherwise. I was reading some grievances on the line6 forum about users who max out the DSP before hitting the maximum number of blocks. That would be annoying.  

I'm torn between incorporating a stomp into my pedal board or replacing the entire thing with an LT. How do LT users find it without the scribble strips?

There are at least a couple of well loved preamps  in it so i dont miss the amp/cab sims at all. Plus you can load IR's so that sort of covers the cab part.