Why become a member? ×

Helix Floor/LT/HX/Stomp/PodGo owners' Club - Tips, Ideas & Patches

Al Krow

34 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

One thing to think about @dave_bass5 is amp sim stuff... I’m pretty sure if you wanted an amp sim you could find an IR one and use it on the HX effects- not tweakable but get you in the ballpark

Yes. At the moment, at home, i use the BDDI, sometimes with an IR. I also have the BDDI programmed in to all the patches, but not on. So far with the BB800 i dont feel the need for it. I have used the Stomp with the BDDI and it sounded great. I cant think of a time i would want to use one of the proper Amp sims.

11 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

Can anyone tell me if the foot switches on the Helix Effects are the same distance apart as the Stomp? My large feet keep hitting two at once on my Stomp, just wonder if the Effects will be the same, as im considering getting that to replace the Stomp.

I just measured the spacing between two adjacent switches on my HXFX at 6.8cm or 13.6cm across 3 switches (measured centre to centre)

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, 41Hz said:

I just measured the spacing between two adjacent switches on my HXFX at 6.8cm or 13.6cm across 3 switches (measured centre to centre)

Nice one, thanks. I'll measure my Stomp in the morning. I have a feeling/hoping its a bit narrower. 

How are you getting on with your FX?

Edited by dave_bass5

13 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

Can anyone tell me if the foot switches on the Helix Effects are the same distance apart as the Stomp? My large feet keep hitting two at once on my Stomp, just wonder if the Effects will be the same, as im considering getting that to replace the Stomp.

Have you considered getting a pair of these?

90a00b7f0ed4bbc3c26c4af82bf6fcee.jpg

Edited by Cato
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

Nice one, thanks. I'll measure my Stomp in the morning. I have a feeling/hoping its a bit narrower. 

How are you getting on with your FX?

Yeah, the more I play with it the better it gets. I’m finding the  pitch shift is really handy for songs that need Eb or D tuning, it can warble slightly on low long sustained notes, but not noticeable in the band.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 41Hz said:

Yeah, the more I play with it the better it gets. I’m finding the  pitch shift is really handy for songs that need Eb or D tuning, it can warble slightly on low long sustained notes, but not noticeable in the band.

Cool. I used the pitch shift with the band for the first time the other night. Just half a step down when we were trying different keys out, and like you say, not really noticeable most of the time. 

1 hour ago, GisserD said:

Looks the same to me

BA591CFF-3E86-4841-B1C3-29F59A1AEF0F.jpeg.8d509fe9776cfa60ae7d14e84a1f04a0.jpeg

Thanks for that. Yep, your right. This photo has really helped as well as ive been looking for a real life size comparison. 

1 hour ago, 41Hz said:

I used the pitch shift - we do are you going my way, and I do the second guitar bit on the D octave, pitch shifted up an octave, and in the mix it sounds great.

I'm wondering can anyone help me? I've got a simplified version of my problem here, I want to send just the pitch shift to one output and just the ring mod to another. I've put a send L after one and a send R after the other but every output on the Stomp is giving me the same thing - a mix of both. Is it possible to do or am I missing something completely obvious?

Stomp.jpg

2 minutes ago, DannyBrerro said:

I'm wondering can anyone help me? I've got a simplified version of my problem here, I want to send just the pitch shift to one output and just the ring mod to another. I've put a send L after one and a send R after the other but every output on the Stomp is giving me the same thing - a mix of both. Is it possible to do or am I missing something completely obvious?

Stomp.jpg

Erm - I don’t know for sure but what happens if you turn dry thru down to 0?

10 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

Erm - I don’t know for sure but what happens if you turn dry thru down to 0?

Thanks for the help, but with a bit more farting around I've got what I needed.

It seems putting either a Send L OR Send R (only works when using one at a time) gives just the pitch shifter coming from the headphone out on the left of the Stomp, every other output still gives a mix of everything, but I can work with that.

Is it just me or are the Sends a bit broken or a bit arcane in trying to figure out what will send stuff where?

Stomp.jpg

The problem may be that your SEND at the bottom is also then going back to the main send, so the main send is receiving both lines.

You can do it so the main out is on the top line, then another out runs off the bottom line for a send. Ie so the lines are parallel, but 2 definitely separate outs.

You need to bring the line linking back upto the main out down to create 2 separate paths.

Edited by la bam

2 hours ago, la bam said:

Excuse the poor phone edit, but you want something like this to keep the 2 paths separate.

20191102_175721.jpg

Or get rid of all the Send blocks, hard pan left and right at the merge block and use the two main outputs for each path's output

Edited by stoo

4 hours ago, DannyBrerro said:

Stomp.jpg

When you're doing this, are you using a TRS to stereo TS adaptor of some sort? If you stick a mono TS plug into the send jack then it will presumably get a summed Send L+ Send R mix, which would explain what you were experiencing....  

Shouldn't you be using the Pan blocks as opposed to the Send blocks? The send blocks are for the (Send L/R) outputs on the pedal not the L + R outputs. Pan your mod hard left and the pitch hard right?

I also ran into a bit of an issue with using the send blocks. I was trying to send a split signal out to my Meatbox via the send output (L) and trigger the function with FS1.

So far I found that having the block 'off' and Dry Thru @ 0 would send signal to my Meatbox. Seems a bit backwards to me...

Edited by DanEly
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DanEly said:

Shouldn't you be using the Pan blocks as opposed to the Send blocks? The send blocks are for the (Send L/R) outputs on the pedal not the L + R outputs. Pan your mod hard left and the pitch hard right?

I also ran into a bit of an issue with using the send blocks. I was trying to send a split signal out to my Meatbox via the send output (L) and trigger the function with FS1.

So far I found that having the block 'off' and Dry Thru @ 0 would send signal to my Meatbox. Seems a bit backwards to me...

That makes a lot more sense! To be honest I hadn’t even clocked the Pan blocks, I’ll give it a go tomorrow but seems like a nice simple solution 😊

Wondered if this is possible......

I would like to assign a single footswitch for pitch shift, I need to drop either a semi tone or a whole tone (Eb or D) for some songs. Ideally I’d like to cycle through 3 options on a single switch, ie OFF, -1, -2, OFF etc.

I can do it with two switches, either two separate pitch shift blocks on separate switches with the interval set to -1 and -2, or a single pitch shift on one then assign a different foot switch to toggle the interval with max/min values of -1,-2.

Is this possible using just one switch? Thought I’d read you can toggle multiple effects on a single switch, but so far I can’t see how.

3 hours ago, 41Hz said:

Wondered if this is possible......

I would like to assign a single footswitch for pitch shift, I need to drop either a semi tone or a whole tone (Eb or D) for some songs. Ideally I’d like to cycle through 3 options on a single switch, ie OFF, -1, -2, OFF etc.

I can do it with two switches, either two separate pitch shift blocks on separate switches with the interval set to -1 and -2, or a single pitch shift on one then assign a different foot switch to toggle the interval with max/min values of -1,-2.

Is this possible using just one switch? Thought I’d read you can toggle multiple effects on a single switch, but so far I can’t see how.

You could do it with Snapshots. At least I can on my Stomp. Pretty sure you can as well.

You can set the on/off function for any block to any foot switch, but Im not sure how you would do 3 setting.

For example, I have a BDDI set to on, with little drive, and another block with the same BDDI but a much higher drive (and slightly lower level). I have both set to one foot switch. The patch is saved with the low drive on and the high drive off. Using just one foot switch alternates between the two. Pretty cool feature. 

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dave_bass5 said:

You could do it with Snapshots. At least I can on my Stomp. Pretty sure you can as well.

You can set the on/off function for any block to any foot switch, but Im not sure how you would do 3 setting.

For example, I have a BDDI set to on, with little drive, and another block with the same BDDI but a much higher drive (and slightly lower level). I have both set to one foot switch. The patch is saved with the low drive on and the high drive off. Using just one foot switch alternates between the two. Pretty cool feature. 

Thanks! I’ve not played with snapshots yet, will have a try later to see if I can get it to work

3 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

I think for that to function with the single footswitch requirement, you'd need to dedicate one of the footswitches to Snapshot Up in the global settings, which might prove to be a pain if you wanted to use 3 footswitches in a more conventional manner in any other presets.

Can't think of any other way to do it though...

• Al Krow changed the title to Helix Floor/LT/HX/Stomp/PodGo owners' Club - Tips, Ideas & Patches