Why become a member? ×

Helix Floor/LT/HX/Stomp/PodGo owners' Club - Tips, Ideas & Patches

Al Krow

8 minutes ago, Apeneck Sweeney said:

I do a doubling gig with a function band where I have to change from double bass to bass guitar mid set. I use IEMs but still have my amp on stage. The way I use the Stomp is bass guitar into the mono input, double bass into effects return,

One problem with this setup is that I can’t use the Stomp’s tuner for the double bass without swapping over plugs. 

I don't have a Helix but I wondered previously if this would work:

1. Physically connect upright bass to Input L, and bass guitar to Input R
  2. Upright preset has a 'Split > Y' block with BalanceA panned to L100, followed by a mixer block with B Level set to zero (followed by my upright effects).
  3. Bass guitar preset: same, except BalanceA panned to R100 (followed by my bass guitar effects).

Then the tuner should be available for both?
I'm chronically umming & erring about getting a HX Stomp. Doubling is my scenario as well, so it's good to hear it's working for you.

2 minutes ago, jrixn1 said:

I don't have a Helix but I wondered previously if this would work:

1. Physically connect upright bass to Input L, and bass guitar to Input R
  2. Upright preset has a 'Split > Y' block with BalanceA panned to L100, followed by a mixer block with B Level set to zero (followed by my upright effects).
  3. Bass guitar preset: same, except BalanceA panned to R100 (followed by my bass guitar effects).

Then the tuner should be available for both?
I'm chronically umming & erring about getting a HX Stomp. Doubling is my scenario as well, so it's good to hear it's working for you.

I've just had a look at this and if you use a Pan block at the beginning of a preset you can do this with one block. Thanks for the idea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right then, here I am, finally. Just received my Stomp, thanks to @JohnR.

Slowly finding my way round it. Lots to learn and remember.

First of many questions. I noticed it has a Digitech whammy sim. I’m thinking this would be cool to use on the Black Keys Lonely Boy (my guitarist cant do it).

How do I do this, if it’s possible? I tried putting in in a slot and assigned a foot switch to it, but can’t get the note to bend. Any help would be appreciated.

Ok, second question  I’ve read that there is a HPF that can be used on everything without taking a slot. Is this just the low EQ on the Global menu? If so I assume it’s just a case of setting it up low enough?

Cheers.

Right, 24 hours in and I’m getting to grips with it. Ive got a great patch for the guitar into bits in Lonely Boy. I got the whammy working well. My guitarist won’t be too happy lol. 

‘Does anyone know if there is an updated list showing all the sims etc. The manual is out of date.  Ive got a list of the newly added ones, but I’d lie the full list in one place if possible. 

Still working through this thread. Lots of good tips. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

‘Does anyone know if there is an updated list showing all the sims etc. The manual is out of date.  Ive got a list of the newly added ones, but I’d lie the full list in one place if possible. 

Still working through this thread. Lots of good tips. 

I think these are up to date.

https://dshowmusic.com/line-6-helix-amp-models/

https://dshowmusic.com/line-6-helix-effect-models/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Thanks Bas. Did you combine the yourself? I was just about to do that. Saved me a bit of time. 

I did indeed...but now I know you've got pdf editing software I'll be getting you to do the updates in future 😁

I've also just posted it on the OP for ease of reference, so folk don't have to rummage about to find it.

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

I did indeed...but now I know you've got pdf editing software I'll be getting you to do the updates in future 😁

Haha, i do this sort of thing all day long at work. 

Im very much loving the GK 800 head and cab sim. So much so that I’m tempted to use this with the band. Not sure if that would be too much as I’d be running it in to my GK MB800. 

• Like 1

Haha, i do this sort of thing all day long at work. 

Im very much loving the GK 800 head and cab sim. So much so that I’m tempted to use this with the band. Not sure if that would be too much as I’d be running it in to my GK MB800. 

Have to say the GK sim is definitely one of my favourites too!

• Like 1

Getting to grips with this thing now, and still not downloaded the editing software yet.

Has anyone got any suggestions for a thin case for the Stomp? Looking for something that will stop it getting scratched when it’s in my gig bag rather than a self contained carry case for it. More like a skin I guess. 

Edited by dave_bass5

Getting to grips with this thing now, and still not downloaded the editing software yet.

Has anyone got any suggestions for a thin case for the Stomp? Looking for something that will stop it getting scratched when it’s in my gig bag rather than a self contained carry case for it. More like a skin I guess. 

Would a tote bag work? 

• Like 1

• Al Krow changed the title to Helix Floor/LT/HX/Stomp/PodGo owners' Club - Tips, Ideas & Patches