Why become a member? ×

Helix Floor/LT/HX/Stomp/PodGo owners' Club - Tips, Ideas & Patches

Al Krow

Updated HX edit successfully however when trying to update the firmware on the stomp it goes through the start up mode then sticks saying firmware 2.71. Doesn't matter what I do, it sticks at this point. Getting really fed up with it now! Grrrrrrr……..!

15 minutes ago, la bam said:

Theres a very strict procedure to follow when updating apparently. You have to follow it word for word. And make sure you back up first, or you could lose all your presets.

Maybe I was lucky then

Installed the updater (otherwise you can't go from 2.71 to 2.8). Didn't bother backing anything up, but there again tbf I've not anything much that wouldn't take 20 mins to pull together.

2.8 uploaded and no presets affected at all: all the stock patches I'd deleted were still deleted and all the presets I'd created were also all still there.

2 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Is that when you run the Line6 software updater or after you have tried to update it?

I backed up my presets on 2.71. I then downloaded 2.8 edit. I plugged in the stomp and launched the updater. The stomp showed up in the software. I followed the links to 2.8 firmware and clicked continue.  It started the update process then an error message appeared on the screen. Since then when I switch the stomp on the red line reaches the end of its start up on the stomp screen and won't move on from there. Doesn't matter if it's plugged in to the computer or not. Very frustrating. 

It’s worth noting that there are a load of new 2.8 presets (including some bass-specific ones) which, unless you follow the procedure for rebuilding the preset list, won’t show up after the update.

By default, you’ll still have the default 2.7 preset list (minus your own user presets) until you perform the preset rebuild procedure. 

8 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

I ignored the new presets.

I might have a look at some point but generally the first thing I do is clear them out anyway.

+1 ^^

I suspect most of the patches I'm going to be using in a band mix will be created ones; that's part of the fun for me anyway. But looking forward to finding out what new effects are now available.

But I guess it's a completely different ball game if you are going FRFR. 

Anyone got a list of the new presets? To be fair I never use them but I still like to try them out.  I did the restore to reload in the presets but I can't work out for the life of me which ones are new - the lists look exactly the same......

On 19/07/2019 at 20:06, mr zed said:

I backed up my presets on 2.71. I then downloaded 2.8 edit. I plugged in the stomp and launched the updater. The stomp showed up in the software. I followed the links to 2.8 firmware and clicked continue.  It started the update process then an error message appeared on the screen. Since then when I switch the stomp on the red line reaches the end of its start up on the stomp screen and won't move on from there. Doesn't matter if it's plugged in to the computer or not. Very frustrating. 

You managed to find a workaround?

I note the manual is still showing as 'for use with firmware 2.65' so hasn't been updated for 2.71 or 2.80 yet.

Been having a clear out of some of the HX presets today - but one of the 2.71 direct amp & cab sims - the Hiwatt 100 ('WhoWatt100') guitar valve amp with a massive 4x12 cab sounded great and is definitely not getting culled. Dunno if anyone else is a fan of this one and will be using? Apparently Pete Townsend and Dave Gilmour were big into Hiwatt, so it's clearly got quite a guitar pedigree but, must admit, I'd never really considered pairing a guitar valve amp with bass before - wonder whether it works as well in real life as it does on a HX simulation?! :) 

The Moogerfooger is good fun but there are so many parameters you can change that it's going to take a while to get used to. 

Now, that SVT 4 Pro..... I just gigged it tonight. It's absolutely awesome. 

• Like 2

The new ZeroAmp Bass DI (Sansamp clone) is hands down the nicest sounding, most usable drive/distortion effect I've ever used on a bass.

Makes me want to try a real Sansamp.

Edited by Cato

Ok that's several things to check out then! 

SVT 4 Pro, Moogerfooger, ZeroAmp BDI

1 hour ago, Cato said:

The new ZeroAmp Bass DI (Sansamp clone) is hands down the nicest sounding, most usable drive/distortion effect I've ever used on a bass.

Makes me want to try a real Sansamp.

You've clearly not read the script have you?! The Stomp is supposed to save you money on pedals, not cost you extra! 😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Ok that's several things to check out then! 

SVT 4 Pro, Moogerfooger, ZeroAmp BDI

You've clearly not read the script have you?! The Stomp is supposed to save you money on pedals, not cost you extra! 😂 

I think it may have have been a bit of a gateway drug for me.

Since playing about with the Stomp reverbs on guitar, I've been having thoughts about a Strymon Blue Sky as well.

I'm probably going to end up getting some sort of dedicated bass synth pedal too.

Then maybe a really good envelope filter.

And possibly  a board to put them all on....

Edited by Cato

7 minutes ago, Cato said:

I think it may have have been a bit of a gateway drug for me.

Since playing about with the Stomp reverbs on guitar, I've been having thoughts about a Strymon Blue Sky as well.

I'm probably going to end up getting some sort of dedicated bass synth pedal too.

Then maybe a really good envelope filter.

And probably  a board to put them all on....

Oh dear, dear, dear....and then you're going to want to get it all midi capable and maybe wireless would be nice?

Maybe I should save you a LOT of trouble and just sell you mine? 😂

PB - 1907 II.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Oh dear, dear, dear....and then you're going to want to get it all midi capable and maybe wireless would be nice?

Maybe I should save you a LOT of trouble and just sell you mine? 😂

PB - 1907 II.jpg

Looking at that reminds me how relatively easy the Helix is to set up.

• Like 2

• Al Krow changed the title to Helix Floor/LT/HX/Stomp/PodGo owners' Club - Tips, Ideas & Patches