Why become a member? ×

SOLD 3/4 double bass
£1100

Rabbie

A wonderfully ready for action plywood right here!

Hofner is a quality brand of course. Still, this is a modern plywood: don’t expect royal philharmonic tones, but a truly delightful, sturdy professional instrument; perfectly at home in all the pub/club/village hall/festival/tour van gigs on the planet. That is exactly how I used it anyway.

If I’m correct, and please double check, Thomann sells thes for £1900. However, the neck was not so good...and it required a luthier job worth £880!!!

Now, it plays perfectly well indeed.

I realise the Zappa & The Fonz stickers are not everyone’s cup of tea, but they come off; I have a special remover which leaves no mark on the varnish.

at the price, I shall leave the bow quiver on. If you want I will throw in a beginner’s bow. 

I will also be happy to discuss a special price for the padded bag (worth £180), a fairly new set of Spirocore strings (currently £135) and a Realist copperhead pickup (around £170).

This bass has been played and it has been played with some really great and well known musicians. Granted they were not double bass connoisseurs, but every time they and the audience have commented on the deep warm sound of this bass. I’m not trying to fool you into thinking this is a top class bass: I’m just saying it’s a damn fine sounding gigging plywood, which you can take out and enjoy without worrying about putting a scratch mark on it.

I'm in Scotland. Not far from the Gla/Edi line, so I can meet you there if easier.

4593E0E0-383B-44FA-9C8A-206A5963D08C.jpeg

0D0ACE5E-AB05-48B5-AF74-346FFD83334F.jpeg

F9AC738B-B595-4F67-B709-12484779FECD.jpeg

Edited by Rabbie
Added info