Why become a member? ×

New build in planning stage

Jimothey

Now that my Reincarnate bass is almost finished and I still haven't decided how to move forward on the neck thru build!! I thought its time to start planning an new build 

It's either going to be a 5 or 6 string depends on what donor bass I can get hold of?? 

This is the shape it's going to be:

8224359D-0BDC-4256-BA12-C9F4B919228F.jpeg.390e8731defe65f38c58651771d2c852.jpeg.c56c4ef51bfb18f35c8ec61ad187752a.jpeg

I'm thinking (at the moment but it could all change?? ) of doing a wood and resin body, I can get for a very reasonable price from a fella that lives in my village and sells 'character timber!! ' a nice looking lump of live edge Spalted Ash which I think would look really nice teamed up with some Black resin I haven't decided if it's going to be trans black or opaque yet??............. 😀 

Edited by Jimothey
  • Like 4

I dont like to sit around twiddling my thumbs so as well as planning this I'm doing a couple of refinishes one on my P bass ready do the new neck Santa is bringing me (vintage style maple block and binded) and I'm refinishing my 'Tropia' 5 string bass as I didn't like the gloss finish on it so that having a new coat if Danish oil and I'm fitting a preamp in it aswell......... 😀 

• Like 1