Why become a member? ×

MPU Headless 5 - SOLD
£750

Scooby

Recently got this lovely bass in a trade. It is an amazing bass with a huge sound. This MPU Headless 5 is built by Finnish maestro, Marko Ursin. The overall quality of the build is superb. 

It has a hand wound 10-pole pick-up with adjustable poles. It also has a piezo at the bridge and is equipped with the ACG eq 02 preamp, plus a pickup blend/volume stacked knob. 

String spacing is 18mm at the bridge but it is adjustable either way. It accepts regular strings, as they are clamped with screws on the end of the neck by a string anchor. The width at the top nut is 46mm. The bass has a truss rod.

Cosmetically the bass is near mint, except for a couple of very tiny dinks that are difficult to picture. The black hardware paint shows a little bit of wear too. 

It is a light bass (4 kilos) and balances really nicely, making playing a real pleasure. 

Edited by Scooby

Hi all, Pete got this bass from me.,been  my main bass for over a year and I didn't believe it at first when he told me it's 35" scale. It plays effortlessly, tuning stability is marvelous, it has the best b string I've heard and played and it truly is a unique work of art, since Marco(mpu) as I've been told builds only instruments which he chooses. Whoever gets this is going to get a pretty special instrument. 

It also has a trussrod! (I'm against instruments without one). A bonus point for me is that fiddling with the eq you can easily get into stingray territory, and I don't mean trying to immitate it like many others, it can do it exceptionally well with its own flavor. 

GLWTS:)

13 minutes ago, PeteHantzios said:

Hi all, Pete got this bass from me.,been  my main bass for over a year and I didn't believe it at first when he told me it's 35" scale. It plays effortlessly, tuning stability is marvelous, it has the best b string I've heard and played and it truly is a unique work of art, since Marco(mpu) as I've been told builds only instruments which he chooses. Whoever gets this is going to get a pretty special instrument. 

It also has a trussrod! (I'm against instruments without one). A bonus point for me is that fiddling with the eq you can easily get into stingray territory, and I don't mean trying to immitate it like many others, it can do it exceptionally well with its own flavor. 

GLWTS:)

Did you have contact with Marco? I had one of his basses prior but couldn’t really find anything on the internet about him/the company...

On 22/11/2018 at 16:09, PeteHantzios said:

No, (though I often contemplated the thought just to tell him I have one of his basses and how much I like it), but Scooby did.

I know you can find him in talkbass, under username MPU.

Also on here as MPU.

Did I mention how attractive that bass is? It is just as well I live far away from you.