Why become a member? ×

5-String Bass

Guest MoJo

9 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

It's named 415, so 4 strings minus 1 that vanished makes 5 strings, hence the name BB415. Do the maths, you'll understand.

Im not sure you understand sarcasm - albeit i guess English isnt you native tongue?

This is sarcastic, in fact, you are the one who didn't get it, sorry. And by the way, the correct sentence shoud have been : 

"I'm not sure you understand sarcasm : furthermore, I guess English isn't your mother tongue ?"

And certainly not this approximation :

7 minutes ago, dyerseve said:

Im not sure you understand sarcasm - albeit i guess English isnt you native tongue?

I'm a bit fed up with this "not your mother tongue" remark as I do write a way far better English than most of the natives on this website. Period.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

It's named 415, so 4 strings minus 1 that vanished makes 5 strings, hence the name BB415. Do the maths, you'll understand.

How does the BB615 work then? :lol:

2 hours ago, Hellzero said:

This is sarcastic, in fact, you are the one who didn't get it, sorry. And by the way, the correct sentence shoud have been : 

"I'm not sure you understand sarcasm : furthermore, I guess English isn't your mother tongue ?"

And certainly not this approximation :

I'm a bit fed up with this "not your mother tongue" remark as I do write a way far better English than most of the natives on this website. Period.

Mate your post that I quoted came across as missing the point and quite patronising so I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you could try using an emoji or or a "lol" otherwise prepare to be misinterpreted.

Just FYI, being able to write and speak English well doesnt mean that you can always pick up on the nuances of the language.

Your post in my Ritter thread is a perfect example so maybe consider what you write before getting on your high horse.

Edited by dyerseve

2 hours ago, Hellzero said:

🤣🤗🤔🤨🤐 It's all in the nuances. Lol

there you go, you're getting it! 🤣

seriously though, I apologise if my previous post sounded patronising - that wasnt my intent.

ive often made the mistake of writing a sarcastic or fascectious remark on this forum only for it to be taken the wrong way because I didnt put a "lol", "haha" or emoji in the post so when I say this I say it because I have learnt the hard way myself.

Not everyone will take the time to proof read or use "proper" English when writing a post on a forum - that said, you are right, your posts do generally seem to be more well written than most.

I admire everyone who has taken the time and effort to learn another language as it is something I cannot do.

5 hours ago, Huge Hands said:

And the award for over patronising whilst not getting the joke goes to.... 

I wasnt trying to be patronising, the sarcasm wasnt self evident as explained above.

Peace

• Like 3