Why become a member? ×

Stolen bass & rig

Rich

Gutted for the man. Is it me, or is just about every stolen music kit incident I've ever heard of been from the boot of a car? How do the buggers even know? 

There must be some times when its unavoidable, but I always force myself to unload the car after every gig, no matter how late or tired I am. I'd rather take the heat for waking the wifey and kids than find an empty car in the morn 8(

• Like 3

Sometimes, you simply put your gear in the trunk and get back at the venue for a few minutes to check you haven't forgotten something. You come back just to see an empty trunk. Those are real organised robbers as they have been watching you and they act fast 5 minutes being the maximum time. Other thefst are done by stupid amateurs destroying everything around and taking sometimes a few hours to do it. Sorry to tell, but first people to check is your entourage, it's a well known fact, but don't become paranoid... I'll relay this steal anywhere I can.

Yeah, you're not going to mistake that bass for a generic Fender!  

As others have said, I force myself to ALWAYS put gear back in the house after gigging (even if I am gigging Fri/Sat/Sun), I've heard way too many times of gear being stolen.  It only needs a scroat to see you carrying a gigbag/case into your house late at night, to wonder if it is worth popping your car/van window out and seeing what's in the boot/back.