Why become a member? ×

Jazz Bass pickups

peteb

The Entwistle pickups are £10 each!  Goodness me that's a bargain if they're any good.

Nothing wrong with the OP's suggestion.  I had a very early MIJ Jazz and the pickups were a bit so so.  I also had a preamp on another Jazz for a while.  I kept it for years and then one day went back to passive.  I don't miss it frankly.

Davo

Guest Marcoelwray

I have a pair of Wilkinson coming from a Vintage bass. Not really authentic but they are quite hot.

Otherwise I have found a offer on a Belgian website:

https://www.2ememain.be/link/463393035.html?utm_source=android_social&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

Definitely worth a check. Lots of parts and pickups. You can contact me if you want to buy something. (Edit: or you can try the guy directly...)

Cheers

Edited by Marcoelwray

On 21/11/2018 at 22:06, peteb said:

I used to have one in a jazz bass I owned before! To be honest I found it a bit too much - you have to be very careful with the eq, especially the bass control. I handed it to someone once at a jam session (an excellent pro player) and he wanted a bit more bass so he turned up the bass control on the guitar. He nearly blew the speakers out of the cab...! I prefer the something like the Tri-Logic Bass Preamp like I have in my Xotic jazz, which I find a bit more musical / easier to use. 

I'm going to keep the MIJ bass passive and just get some hotter pickups. I don't really want to spend too much on it as it is only gonna be my jam session / travel / really rough venues bass...! 

I have tri logic 11 pedal sounds great  ,I like it better than Fender preamp in my deluxe Jazz bass