Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2019 - Sun 7 April

scrumpymike

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All, probably the wrong place for this but you are all local so here goes.

I'm running a live music event just outside of Chard on the Somerset/Devon/Dorset border. It was meant to be a Jam session but has morphed into a series of singers with a house band doing a half hour slot each and the odd band taking over the stage for half an hour. It's only our second outing and I'm hoping it will continue to grow and change but that's it right now. I'm trying to keep the music standard up and all the singers so far can do their stuff. One sang for the Jools Holland band and he's pretty hot. We are running on the first Fri of every month.

I need to be front of house and at the moment I'm the only bassist. I'm looking for someone who can take over bass duties for at least half the evening so I can run the desk/PA and talk to the people. It's all well known covers but with five sets it's pretty varied. Ideally I want to build up the house band with a rotating cast of musicians, but that is for the future. 

If anyone wants to lend a hand I'd be really grateful, message me with your contact details if you might be interested and we can take it from there.

On 17/05/2019 at 15:34, Phil Starr said:

Hi All, probably the wrong place for this but you are all local so here goes.

I'm running a live music event just outside of Chard on the Somerset/Devon/Dorset border. It was meant to be a Jam session but has morphed into a series of singers with a house band doing a half hour slot each and the odd band taking over the stage for half an hour. It's only our second outing and I'm hoping it will continue to grow and change but that's it right now. I'm trying to keep the music standard up and all the singers so far can do their stuff. One sang for the Jools Holland band and he's pretty hot. We are running on the first Fri of every month.

I need to be front of house and at the moment I'm the only bassist. I'm looking for someone who can take over bass duties for at least half the evening so I can run the desk/PA and talk to the people. It's all well known covers but with five sets it's pretty varied. Ideally I want to build up the house band with a rotating cast of musicians, but that is for the future. 

If anyone wants to lend a hand I'd be really grateful, message me with your contact details if you might be interested and we can take it from there.

Hi again all, I've had a couple of offers but good bassists tend to be busy and the dates aren't working out, I'm still looking for someone for the 7th June if you are free on that date and are interested then don't be shy.