Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2019 - Sun 7 April

scrumpymike

This is what it's all about. What a fantastic looking bash. Tremendous effort organising it and well done to all those who went along to make it a huge success. 

I'm glad everyone is coming round to the idea of mini scale basses :) They're the sort of thing you don't think you'll need but once you have you'll use all the time. So handy to have around the house!

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, ped said:

I'm glad everyone is coming round to the idea of mini scale basses :) They're the sort of thing you don't think you'll need but once you have you'll use all the time. So handy to have around the house!

I was very impressed by my brother's Ukelele Bass.

I made this monstrosity in the 80s from an old bed - can't see it inspiring anyone's GAS! The ultimate SSS bass?

1965145225_microbass.thumb.JPG.cce9339325dd19f03a49fffb162acfe5.JPG

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

that group image of us is great,

group-2_orig.jpg

Agreed, but unfortunately some had already left by the time I remembered to ask photographer Richard.  Should have done it just before lunch - I'll try and get it right next time 😐

• Like 1

Another great day!

I don't want to repeat what others have said already numerous times, but thank you so much for a great event!

Yes, it can get loud.

Yes, one can barely hear himself.

No, I didn't get the time to try half the gear I planned.

No, I didn't had the chance to meet everyone.

But, boy the food... The noise (in a good way now - am I crazy? 🤪)... The chatting... The meeting the ones I met... The lovely basses all around the room!

Can't wait for next years!!!!

PS: my Greenboy F112 is effectively now for sale! Maybe I'll get a Basschat 12", which is a monstrous cab!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, scrumpymike said:

And now for some moving pictures, one of which is a 'talkie', even! 😮

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3cVkUdz8mHt6YVGq6

https://youtu.be/x4_ZYet2bvs

Don't know about you guys, but we're still on a high here!

Two things occur to me from the video.

1. Very little slap. In fact, thinking back to the day itself, there was hardly any going on at all. If only the LBGS was so tasteful!
  2. Every time I appear in shot, I'm carrying yet another cup of coffee. I'm starting to think I might actually have the caffeine addiction I've been joking about for years..! :lol: 
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, ped said:

I tell you what, if you tried one of Jabba's extraordinary little basses (seen here modelled by @Pea Turgh), your Wingbass would be gathering dust in no time. They really are the most amazing things and I am seriously tempted.
20190407_1213162.thumb.jpg.4cd1f070ea53a30ca485c7d0634a9615.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rich said:

I tell you what, if you tried one of Jabba's extraordinary little basses (seen here modelled by @Pea Turgh), your Wingbass would be gathering dust in no time. They really are the most amazing things and I am seriously tempted.

They’re easier to sneak into the house, too

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, stewblack said:

Trying to tell myself it's a good thing I missed the bash this year because I had too much work on. Couldn't bribe my way into a gig this time last year - but darn it I am gutted to have missed out.

We were wondering what happened to you Stewie!?

• Like 1

Yep yet another great day with some old faces and new, a massive thank you to the organisers and crew but mostly to Mrs scrumpy and co for the lovely food and non stop tea.

The range of kit was fantastic, although I didn't play the Gillet instruments purly to protect my wallet after trying some at LBGS a few years ago.

I think Steveie and Phil need an extra mention for the great work that's being done with the 12 cab, in my humble opinion it's ready to be released to the public in its current form. 

So  basically see you all there next year.

Jim.

Edited by Jimrs2k2
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, stewblack said:

I did post that I couldn't make it, sorry if it got lost in the maelstrom. 

Ahhhh yes, 'the maelstrom' is the excuse I can offer for missing that  - "I'd like 23 similar offences taken into account m'lud" 🙄

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, scrumpymike said:

+1 - fantastic effort - pleased and proud that the Bash provides a forum for this.

Agreed. The 'knock-down' construction afforded by the new CNC machined parts is just brilliant. Ten minutes with a tube of Titebond and it's done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

It’s a little late in the day now but somehow I managed to misplace a black TC Electronics Polytune clip on tune at the SWBB, I don’t suppose anyone saw it or picked it up..?

Sorry to hear that Frank!  Nothing reported so far but I'll ask the caretaker just in case.