Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2019 - Sun 7 April

scrumpymike

7 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

I’m sitting outside the Hall (listening to Adam and the Ants) trying to wake up!

First in the que for Jabba’s stand ? might have to arm wrestle you for the shortie, but then there’s apple pie & crumble on offer so it’s difficult to know where to head for first!!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, wrinkleygit said:

First in the que for Jabba’s stand ? might have to arm wrestle you for the shortie, but then there’s apple pie & crumble on offer so it’s difficult to know where to head for first!!

My order is in so no queues for me! 

• Like 1

I think the phrase is ‘clucking bell’ I just tried @wrinkleygit‘s fretless, built by @Jabba_the_gut and (never thought I’d have to string these words together) it’s better than the Rob Allen! I’ll say it once more... better.

I really don’t think he realises just how astonishingly good his work is, glad I’ve got one ‘in production’ they will soon be properly sought after. Genuine works of art.

4CCFADED-EFCE-431B-8E10-7EAF15BEF9A2.jpeg

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, wrinkleygit said:

Just got home so let me be the first to thank Mike & the Scrumpettes for a brilliant day once again, the food was to die for with a special mention to the rhubarb crumble & clotted cream. Oh & apparently there were some basses there as well.😉

I second that emotion!

• Like 3

@Frank Blank definitely won the long distance prize. There's dedication.

20190407_122923.thumb.jpg.f5ecbfb07be7459787161ce4fe088ed8.jpg

@Jabba_the_gut's work really won the day for me. As Frank says, I honestly don't think he realises just how good his instruments are. Here is @Witters trying, as so many of us did, to work out how Jez managed to get such a dinky package to make such a good and BBBBIG sound.

20190407_114807.thumb.jpg.545f79fc5b2134cd68b34389172a1bdf.jpg

As ever, many many thanks to the wonderful Scrumpettes for laying on such an epic spread, and keeping me supplied with gallons of coffee!

20190407_125750.thumb.jpg.f9c43078b704ad938519c2f3eb875ab1.jpg

Last and definitely not least, thanks to @scrumpymike for organising yet another belting day. I raise my hat to you sir.

• Like 4

Great event again and nice to meet up with some old and not so old friends. Big thanks to Scrumpy MIke and all his acolytes and also  to all the nice people who brought gear to try and  those on the trade stands too. I manged to snag a rather nice Chowny as well!

Edited by yorks5stringer
  • Like 3

I would very much like to purchase one of @Jabba_the_gut‘s tiny travel basses - such fun, and so nicely put together!

Loved the food - you could easily charge twice what you do @scrumpymike.  Loved having the opportunity to buy bits from @Chownybass too - got me a bridge for my incredibly slow build.

Also won a pedal in the raffle. - I love pedals!

And thank you to @Andyjr1515 for the donation of a neck for my slow build and knobs for my Hohner Jack.  

Bought some mics from @Frank Blank a chuffed with those too.  I like mics nearly as much as I like basses!

Basschat is a great community.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Just got back and unloaded. Another brilliant south west food bash for bass players

P1060628.thumb.jpg.c4146818cb2f4512fb5198185a06bab9.jpgP1060637.thumb.jpg.89e3d395f7072fb8b96af4306b29ff9a.jpg

I so want a bass like this:

P1060639.thumb.jpg.7678ff1f1bd4e257a51f89cc4c4735fb.jpg

Top photo, little fella, big instrument.

Bottom photo Big fella, tiny instrument. Story of my life :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2