Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2019 - Sun 7 April

scrumpymike

1 hour ago, BreadBin said:

Is your 80s Jazz Special a Japanese one?

I can bring mine too and we can compare - I bet yours is nicer!

It is! Not in pristine condition by any means, plays very well though. Brand new excessively zingy roundwounds on which I'm trying to wear in. Might put some flats on it.

17 hours ago, Knighty said:

Hi I'm a newbie here...  Just spotted this on Facebook.

I'd like to come along.  I can bring my Aria Pro II SB-RSZ and My ESP Ltd B-2005.  I have a TC Electronic BH500 (probably bought from someone here...) and TC 2x10 that I can chuck in the car too.

Welcome!  Look forward to seeing you and your gear.  Just turn up and pay your £10 on the door - covers all food and drinks.

3 minutes ago, scrumpymike said:

LAST-MINUTE STUFF

If you have a long, cable-extension reel, can you please bring it along?  We need to make sure we have enough to network power around the tables in the hall, so rather too many than not enough.

Thanks!

Yup, I've got two or three long extensions (stop sniggering at the back there), I'll stick them in the car. I have a few 4- and 6-ways too, will bring them.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Jimrs2k2 said:

Really looking forward to this , it's looking like a great turn out.

Agreed!  I'm particularly pleased that we've got Chowny back on board too.  Stephen has put together a great range of basses including choices for short-scale players like myself.

• Like 1

Here are some DIRECTIONS TO THE VENUE:

The BIG FAT South-West Bass Bash

is happening THIS SUNDAY, Sunday 7th, from 10am-4pm

in the Memorial Hall, Cheddon Fitzpaine, nr Taunton TA2 8JY

The hall is about a mile out of Cheddon Village a few hundred metres from the school on the edge of a small hamlet called Rowford.  The safest way is to follow your satnav.  If you don't have one, the easiest way out of Taunton is: head up Station Road towards the railway station, which will be on your right just after you pass under the 2 bridges.  Just into the one-way system at the T-junction with traffic lights at the top of the hill, turn right but immediately keep left and turn left at the next traffic lights.  You're now on Cheddon Road, which takes you right to the village hall entrance in a couple of miles on your right (it's on the bend at the junction as pictured below just after you pass the village school on the left).  NOTE: Taking this route out of Taunton doesn't take you through Cheddon village itself.   In case of need, my mobile number is 07770 946135

http://IMG_5126.jpg

• Thanks 3

Just a reminder that we will be doing a cab shootout in the side room again this year but with some changes. We made some mistakes last year and we think we can get correct them this time.

it is a still fluid but we hope to have. 

1. A 1x12 cab shootout featuring the latest iteration of the Basschat 1x12. Mk 2*.This should be against a couple of Boutique cabs and one other cab.

2. A prototype of the CNC’d BC 112. Stevie will fry assemble the cabinet. Under Stevie’s direction we are aiming to order  10 easy build (think IKEA) cabinets and we will have the prototype at the bash. 

3. Comparison of the Mk1 Basschat 1x12  in its Big and Small form factors. 

4. Between sessions you would be able to try the cabs. 

All will be very informal and hopefully informative and all subject to change but we hope it would be useful.

*The original MK2 used the Beyma 12” but since last year Faital Pro introduced a Neo 12” that lightens the cabinet and is approaching weight of a Barefaced and the price of the Beyma loaded cabinet. 

Changes to the horn orientation make the latest cabinet easier to hear on small stages. Both versions will be there so you can compare. 

4 hours ago, Matthew G said:

Hi there - heard about this event from my teacher. I'll be coming along with my Ibanez SRF700, and I can offer a lift if anyone is struggling to get in from the Frome-ish area.

Good to see that the word is spreading 🙂 - see you Sunday!

Last last thing - the hall only has diddly cups & saucers (!?).  We've assembled a fair number of mugs including around a dozen remaining 'official' Bash ones for sale at £5 each.  However if you want to be guaranteed a mug (doesn't everybody??) bring one of your own that you'll recognise. e.g. last year's Bash mug that already has your name written on the bottom in permanent marker.

Off to tonight's gig now, see you soon!

M

• Like 1