Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2019 - Sun 7 April

scrumpymike

On 18/03/2019 at 12:32, Jabba_the_gut said:

One of the new 1x10 combos would be good 😉

hmm... !

I'm deffo bringing one for demo.  I confess when they first arrived I rather overlooked it...  I we sent one to play with in my studio and was amazed how good it is, and it is well on its way to becoming the second best seller (after the CMD121p, which understandably outsells everything by a country mile!)....

3 hours ago, scrumpymike said:

Here's the up-to-date attendance including links to our sponsors' websites.  Looking like a healthy turn-out again and there are rumours of another 1x12" cab 'shoot-out' too!?  Let me know if you're bringing stuff that's not shown below and I'll add it to the list.

0175westwood29

Andyjr1515 - Kert's single cut, Pete's piccolo bass and maybe my bits-lying-around-doing-nothing-so-I-may-as-well 6 string dreadnought?

Anzoid - Trace Elliot "Elf" with Ampeg SVT210AV and a cheapo "Red Sub" (Gear4Music) fan-fret 5-string. Maybe also a 2018 bright yellow Steinberger XT2 just to dazzle everyone :D

Badass

Basstone - "I'll be bringing my PAT tester,  my homemade 1 x 10" combo and a couple of basses."

BreadBin - All For Sale!! Spector Q5 Pro, Retrovibe Zygote, Peavey International Series, Bitsa P-bass 

Charliebass212 - Some new gear to show off!!

Chienmortbb - Bugera Amp (the MosFet one), Fender Aerodyne Jass Bass ( P/J), Grrg Bennett Semi Acoustic Bass (Samick)' Basschat 1x12 cab.

Chowny Bass (sponsor) - https://chownybass.com/

Derreybass

foxyFuze (TBC)

Frank Blank - Fretless Rob Allen Mouse, Fretted Godin A4, FRFR set up ( QSC K12.2 and a Fishman Platinum Pro preamp)

Gillett Guitars (sponsor) - http://www.gillettguitars.co.uk/

GrahamT

Jabba the gut - FOR SALE!! Phil Jones Cub

JapanAxe - some or all of: Fender Precision 1973; Fender Precision 1963 RI; Fender Mustang 2017; Dingwall Super PZ5; Kala U-bass; Demeter VTBP-M-800D; Ampeg PF-50T; Markbass Nano 300; Barefaced Super Twin; Barefaced Midget.

Jimrs2k2

maybemart

MoJoKe (sponsor Markbass) - The new Mini CMD101p combo (along with the Casa it's probably the best thing in the current range) plus anything specific that Bashers want to see - just let me know!

Norm

olipaulo - Fender Jazz Elite; Fender Squier with EMG'S GZ & flats; Status Empathy 5 string; GK 1001RB head (maybe up for sale); GK MB212-ii combo; Greenboy F112 (maybe up for sale); Helix.

Pea Turgh

Phil Starr

Rich - JayRay (OLP Ray with Jaydee fretless neck).

Scrumpymike - Rascal Mervyn Lite (s-s Andyjr1515 special); Spector Bantam; ACG Border Reiver s-s headless; Mensinger Cazpar s-s headless; Mesa Subway 800; a pair of BF Super Compact Gen 3 cabs.

Scrumpymike guest 1

Scrumpymike guest 2

Stevie

Stewblack - Bruce Thomas Profile bass because it's awesome. And a bass strung with those cheap flats we've discussed on these pages so people can try them in the flesh. Also the Behringer 150w mini monitor which folk have shown interest in. 

Stewblack guest

Woodinblack - Ibanez SR2605. I can bring the CTM100 as that sounds nice. Oh and maybe a Roli Rise 49 if someone wants to see one."

wrinkleygit - "Will be bringing Jabba’s original semi hollow fretless so you can all see how it has faired over the past year..."

yorks5stringer - Buttercream Player Precision, Blue Flower 51 Precision with Oil City Pickup.

plus 72 Telecaster Bass....

I will be bringing the same stuff as last year, as I haven't succumbed to GAS 'cos I'm skint :lol:

Trace Elliot V4 Head, Barefaced Vintage 2x15 cab, Musicman Stingray 4 string 3eq, Squier 5 string VM Jazz, Squier 5 string VM Precision, Roland Micro Cube with headphones & some pedals.

Looking forward to the bash immensely!

• Like 1

We are hoping to do an updated cab shootout again. The Basschat 1x12 has evolved and again we would like to compare it to the older iterations and some of the other cabs on the market. Anyone with a commercial or boutique 1x12 tweeter? More details as we make them up.

3 minutes ago, Chienmortbb said:

We are hoping to do an updated cab shootout again. The Basschat 1x12 has evolved and again we would like to compare it to the older iterations and some of the other cabs on the market. Anyone with a commercial or boutique 1x12 tweeter? More details as we make them up.

My Greenboy has 1x12/1x6/1x1.

14 hours ago, Chienmortbb said:

I'll be bringing my STD121HRs  (I sold my TRV cabs and now use a pair of these).  I can probably get hold of a NY121 too, as they sound completely different....