Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2019 - Sun 7 April

scrumpymike

11 hours ago, MoJoKe said:

I'll certainly be bringing my own Casa plus 2 x 121HR cabs, let me know what else you'd like to see from Markbass, and I'll see what I can arrange!

I'd definitely like to try the Casa thru my BF cabs.  Any chance of some Markbass stuff for the raffle? 🙂

16 minutes ago, foxyFuze said:

Anyone travelling from Bristol that would be able to offer a lift in exchange for fuel money and/or excellent conversation?

If nobody else pipes up - I can sort you out. 

No need to pay for fuel. 

Edited by Chownybass

6 hours ago, wrinkleygit said:

Finally sorted myself out, this time I can spend the whole day there so at last I get to try the “scrumptiousness”. Will be bringing Jabba’s original semi hollow fretless so you can all see how it has faired over the past year, Mike B.

Be nice to see you again Mike.

cheers

Here's the up-to-date attendance including links to our sponsors' websites.  Looking like a healthy turn-out again and there are rumours of another 1x12" cab 'shoot-out' too!?  Let me know if you're bringing stuff that's not shown below and I'll add it to the list.

0175westwood29 - Ashdown Klystron 210 and 115; might bring my Rockerverb Mk 3 as well if I can get the switcher on the board to make set up easy.

Andyjr1515 - Pete's piccolo bass; Pete's EB-3 ish; My veneered Squier Jag

Anzoid - Trace Elliot "Elf" with Ampeg SVT210AV and a cheapo "Red Sub" (Gear4Music) fan-fret 5-string. Maybe also a 2018 bright yellow Steinberger XT2 just to dazzle everyone :D

Badass

BassBod - A big rack of preamps and a Bag End 15".

Basstone - "I'll be bringing my PAT tester,  my homemade 1 x 10" combo and a couple of basses."

BreadBin - All For Sale!! Spector Q5 Pro, Retrovibe Zygote, Peavey International Series, Bitsa P-bass 

Charliebass212 - Some new gear to show off!!

Chienmortbb - Bugera Amp (the MosFet one), Fender Aerodyne Jass Bass ( P/J), Grrg Bennett Semi Acoustic Bass (Samick)' Basschat 1x12 cab.

Chowny Bass (sponsor) - https://chownybass.com/

Derreybass

foxyFuze (TBC)

Frank Blank - Fretless Rob Allen Mouse, Fretted Godin A4, FRFR set up ( QSC K12.2 and a Fishman Platinum Pro preamp), an Ibanez SRC6

Gillett Guitars (sponsor)  http://www.gillettguitars.co.uk/ - Contour bass & guitar range with a couple of ex-demo basses for sale!!

GrahamT - NS Designs CR5 Radius; Spector Spectorcore 5 fretted; FOR SALE!! Squier VM P-bass 5 string;  Genz Benz Streamliner 600 amp;

Genz Benz Focus LT112 speaker - Available for the shoot-out Phil Starr; Homemade 1x15 speaker; Some pedals

Jabba the gut - Some of my own builds, TC112, FOR SALE!! Phil Jones Cub

JapanAxe - some or all of: Fender Precision 1973; Fender Precision 1963 RI; Fender Mustang 2017; Dingwall Super PZ5; Kala U-bass; Demeter VTBP-M-800D; Ampeg PF-50T; Markbass Nano 300; Barefaced Super Twin; Barefaced Midget.

Jimrs2k2 - Fearful 15-6-1 + 15 sub; GB shuttlemax 9.2; Trace AH250; GB 12 cab; Status kingbass, blackbeauty; 3 ibanez basses.

Knighty - Aria Pro II SB-RSZ; ESP Ltd B-2005; TC Electronic BH500; TC 2x10.

Matthew G - I'll be coming along with my Ibanez SRF700, and I can offer a lift if anyone is struggling to get in from the Frome-ish area.

maybemart - Esh Sovereign fretless 4

MoJoKe (sponsor Markbass) http://www.markbass.it/ - The new Mini CMD101p combo (along with the Casa it's probably the best thing in the current range) plus anything specific that Bashers want to see - just let me know!

Norm - Trace Elliot V4 Head, Barefaced Vintage 2x15 cab, Musicman Stingray 4 string 3eq, Squier 5 string VM Jazz, Squier 5 string VM Precision, Roland Micro Cube with headphones & some pedals.

olipaulo - Fender Jazz Elite; Fender Squier with EMG'S GZ & flats; Status Empathy 5 string; GK 1001RB head (maybe up for sale); GK MB212-ii combo; Greenboy F112 (maybe up for sale); Helix.

Pea Turgh - "Bitsa P, JV P, maybe Hohner Jack if I can sort the new passive wiring loom out in time, probably my Two10 and PF350 to try out other heads with maybe.  Also my Peterson P150 to trade or sell."

Phil Starr

Rich - JayRay (OLP Ray with Jaydee fretless neck), old SWR Bass Monitor 12 to add a comedy element to the 1x12 shootout

Scrumpymike - Rascal Mervyn Lite (s-s Andyjr1515 special); Spector Bantam; ACG Border Reiver s-s headless; Mensinger Cazpar s-s headless; FOR SALE!! GK MB800 FUSION; FOR SALE!! Mesa Subway D800; a pair of BF Super Compact Gen 3 cabs.

Scrumpymike guest 1

Scrumpymike guest 2

Stevie

Stewblack - Bruce Thomas Profile bass because it's awesome. And a bass strung with those cheap flats we've discussed on these pages so people can try them in the flesh. Also the Behringer 150w mini monitor which folk have shown interest in. 

Stewblack guest

Witters - Yamaha RBX765 custom fretless 5 string; TC Electronic BH250 and Eden 1x12 cab.

Woodinblack - Ibanez SR2605. I can bring the CTM100 as that sounds nice with a couple of TC112s. Oh and maybe a Roli Rise 49 if someone wants to see one."

wrinkleygit - "Will be bringing Jabba’s original semi hollow fretless so you can all see how it has faired over the past year..."

yorks5stringer - Buttercream Player Precision, Blue Flower 51 Precision with Oil City Pickup, plus 72 Telecaster Bass.

Edited by scrumpymike
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, foxyFuze said:

Much obliged, thank you!  Not 100% but am keen; will update 🙂

Hope you can make it - it'll be good to see you again (seem to remember handing you some cash in a pub car-park for a nice BH550 a while back 🙂)

• Thanks 1