Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2019 - Sun 7 April

scrumpymike

5 hours ago, TheRev said:

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to attend this year. I need to visit my family in Ireland and this s the only weekend that fits in with gigs and school holidays.   I know the bass bash is a once a year thing, but I only visit my family once a year, so belive me when i say it was a tough decision....

Take lots of photos everyone!

That’s a shame but hopefully catch up next year. Cheers

5 hours ago, TheRev said:

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to attend this year. I need to visit my family in Ireland and this s the only weekend that fits in with gigs and school holidays.   I know the bass bash is a once a year thing, but I only visit my family once a year, so belive me when i say it was a tough decision....

Take lots of photos everyone!

But we need you to bless the food and say Grace...

• Haha 2

AND NOW FOR THE MOST IMPORTANT BIT 👨‍🍳

Mrs Scrumpy’s kitchen

Tea /Coffee

with homemade vanilla biscuits, cheese and cherry scones

(served all day)

Lunch served from 12:30-13:30

Chicken & Ham Pie

Frittata

Coleslaw

Salads

Potato wedges

plus other

bits & pieces………

Desserts

Fruit Crumble & Cream

Fresh Fruit Salad

Chocolate cake…..

and anything else we can

make on the day 😋

Enjoy!!  

NOTE: The above menu includes items for vegetarians and vegans but please let us know if you have any more specific dietary requirements and we'll do our best to oblige.

Edited by scrumpymike
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

hmm that lot sounds pretty horrible...    😂

I can't wait...  sod the bass bash, I'll go with lunch club!

2 hours ago, scrumpymike said:

AND NOW FOR THE MOST IMPORTANT BIT 👨‍🍳

Mrs Scrumpy’s kitchen

Tea /Coffee

with homemade vanilla biscuits, cheese and cherry scones

(served all day)

Lunch served from 12:30-13:30

Chicken & Ham Pie

Frittata

Coleslaw

Salads

Potato wedges

plus other

bits & pieces………

Desserts

Fruit Crumble & Cream

Fresh Fruit Salad

Chocolate cake…..

and anything else we can

make on the day 😋

Enjoy!!  

NOTE: The above menu includes items for vegetarians and vegans but please let us know if you have any more specific dietary requirements and we'll do our best to oblige.

CALL FOR RAFFLE PRIZES

As usual, a raffle will be held during the bash and we're keen to maintain the high standards set by the first two events.  If any of you generous Bashers have anything to offer - however small (but hopefully bigger than a plectrum 😊) - please either post on this topic or send me a pm.  Remember, it doesn't have to be bass-related.

Speaking of which, I have discovered a Bath Place Music (Taunton) repair voucher in the box of unclaimed prizes from last year.  It definitely WAS claimed and this is what I can remember: we didn't actually have the voucher on the day and instead put an IOU on the prize table; someone won it, I couldn't remember who it was and posted a request for them to make themselves known (which they did); but somehow I've still got it!!  While the main reason for this pink torpedo-up is obviously my own incompetence ("I'd like fifty-three similar offences taken into account before sentencing m'Lud."), I've looked for their reply but it obviously got wiped with the rest of my PM history during the forum upgrade.  In any event, if you're still out there, please tell me again who you are and you can either collect on April 7th or I'll post to you - honest!

Thanks in advance.

First raffle prize is a 6 " steel rule (for measuring things no longer than 6 "). I got a couple for measuring string height when setting up a Bass (or guitar). Doubtless I'll have another Musicians  tool kit knocking about as well, so that's 2 prizes  to start. I got the big bottle of whisky ( which i donated to another raffle)  so I'm not the unclaimer for the repair thingy.

10 minutes ago, stevie said:

It was me, Mike. As there's little likelihood of me ever getting over to Taunton to have my bass set up, I'd like to contribute it to the next raffle.

What are the chances of me winning it again, I wonder?

Thanks for that stevie - don't feel quite so bad about it now!  OK, so that gets us off to a good start with this year's raffle.

13 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

First raffle prize is a 6 " steel rule (for measuring things no longer than 6 "). I got a couple for measuring string height when setting up a Bass (or guitar). Doubtless I'll have another Musicians  tool kit knocking about as well, so that's 2 prizes  to start. I got the big bottle of whisky ( which i donated to another raffle)  so I'm not the unclaimer for the repair thingy.

And another good offer, thanks!  As you rightly say, those 6" steel rulers come in very handy for set-ups - perfect for anyone who doesn't win the Bath Place Music voucher 👍

I can't believe I missed this topic for so long! I was finding it weird that last year's topic was still "dead", so close now to the event! 😁

Anyway, it's in my calendar since the date was announced last year, so I'll be there!

I'll bring:

Fender Jazz Elite

Fender Squier with EMG'S GZ & flats

Status Empathy 5 string

GK 1001RB head (maybe up for sale)

GK MB212-ii combo

Greenboy F112 (maybe up for sale)

Looking forward to meet you all again!!

• Like 1