Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2019 - Sun 7 April

scrumpymike

28 minutes ago, JapanAxe said:

I'm looking good for this! I'll be bringing most, if not all, of the stuff in my signature. I'll also bring my Orange valve tester - it can check most common valves except for rectifiers.

Great news - signature stuff now listed.

• 2 weeks later...

I shall bring my Bruce Thomas Profile bass because it's awesome. And a bass strung with those cheap flats we've discussed on these pages so people can try them in the flesh. Also the Behringer 150w mini monitor which folk have shown interest in. 

Actually while I'm at it the Bugera BV1001M excited a bit of interest on BC might bung that in too. So a cab too then, which one? TBC

• Like 2

19 hours ago, stewblack said:

I shall bring my Bruce Thomas Profile bass because it's awesome. And a bass strung with those cheap flats we've discussed on these pages so people can try them in the flesh. Also the Behringer 150w mini monitor which folk have shown interest in. 

Actually while I'm at it the Bugera BV1001M excited a bit of interest on BC might bung that in too. So a cab too then, which one? TBC

Thanks Stewie, duly listed.

I should be bringing these...

Spector Q5 Pro, Retrovibe Zygote, Peavey International Series, Bitsa P-bass 

All for sale!

And whatever else I can jam in, just picked up an Ashdown CTM15 which is a fun little thing but I am struggling to fit any of my cabs in my stupid little car.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BreadBin said:

All for sale!

And whatever else I can jam in, just picked up an Ashdown CTM15 which is a fun little thing but I am struggling to fit any of my cabs in my stupid little car.

Thanks BreadBin - all listed.

On 27/02/2019 at 19:45, BreadBin said:

All for sale!

would be very welcome to plug the CTM15 into my Barefaced Vintage (4 ohm), would be interested in hearing it through a big cab?

39 minutes ago, Telebass said:

I'd really like this to be my first bash, but the recent op means I can't drive, and possibly only barely play. I think it's a non-starter...

😭

It will be worth it for the fantastic food, let alone the company & the gear! I think we've had folks come up from Devon (Plymouth way iirc) before, maybe see if you can cadge a lift? 

37 minutes ago, maybemart said:

New to Basschat and would be my first bash, but as I'm based very nearby there's absolutely no excuse... if it's still possible to come.  Do we have a rough idea of timings, and how to we pay (sorry if I've missed those details)..

Mart

Hi Mart, good to hear that you're coming - you won't be disappointed!!  Kick-off is 10am but we'll be in the hall from 8-ish so no problem if you arrive early.  Just pay your tenner on the door and claim some table-top space if you're bringing stuff.  Official finish time is 4pm but, again, that's completely flexible as we have the hall all day.

2 hours ago, scrumpymike said:

Hi Mart, good to hear that you're coming - you won't be disappointed!!  Kick-off is 10am but we'll be in the hall from 8-ish so no problem if you arrive early.  Just pay your tenner on the door and claim some table-top space if you're bringing stuff.  Official finish time is 4pm but, again, that's completely flexible as we have the hall all day.

Thanks for that, look forward to it.  If I feel brave enough I'll bring along my Esh fretless...

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to attend this year. I need to visit my family in Ireland and this s the only weekend that fits in with gigs and school holidays.   I know the bass bash is a once a year thing, but I only visit my family once a year, so belive me when i say it was a tough decision....

Take lots of photos everyone!

5 hours ago, TheRev said:

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to attend this year. I need to visit my family in Ireland and this s the only weekend that fits in with gigs and school holidays.   I know the bass bash is a once a year thing, but I only visit my family once a year, so belive me when i say it was a tough decision....

Take lots of photos everyone!

We'll miss you ☹️, but at least your family won't  😊