Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2019 - Sun 7 April

scrumpymike

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so here (at last!) is the promised list so far, made up of people who have either said they're definitely coming or are pretty certain.  If your name isn't there but should be (or is there but definitely shouldn't be), let me know. I will update the list of names and add details of the kit people tell me they're bringing:

0175westwood29

Andyjr1515 - Kert's single cut, Pete's piccolo bass and maybe my bits-lying-around-doing-nothing-so-I-may-as-well 6 string dreadnought?

Anzoid - Trace Elliot "Elf" with Ampeg SVT210AV and a cheapo "Red Sub" (Gear4Music) fan-fret 5-string. Maybe also a 2018 bright yellow Steinberger XT2 just to dazzle everyone :D

Badass

Basstone - "I'll be bringing my PAT tester,  my homemade 1 x 10" combo and a couple of basses."

BreadBin - All For Sale!! Spector Q5 Pro, Retrovibe Zygote, Peavey International Series, Bitsa P-bass 

Charliebass212 - Some new gear to show off!!

Chienmortbb - Bugera Amp (the MosFet one), Fender Aerodyne Jass Bass ( P/J), Grrg Bennett Semi Acoustic Bass (Samick)' Basschat 1x12 cab.

Chowny Bass (sponsor)

Derreybass

Frank Blank - Fretless Rob Allen Mouse, Fretted Godin A4, FRFR set up

Gillett Guitars (sponsor)

GrahamT

Jabba the gut - FOR SALE!! Phil Jones Cub

JapanAxe - some or all of: Fender Precision 1973; Fender Precision 1963 RI; Fender Mustang 2017; Dingwall Super PZ5; Kala U-bass; Demeter VTBP-M-800D; Ampeg PF-50T; Markbass Nano 300; Barefaced Super Twin; Barefaced Midget.

Jimrs2k2

maybemart - Esh Sovereign fretless 4

MoJoKe (sponsor Markbass) - The new Mini CMD101p combo (along with the Casa it's probably the best thing in the current range) plus anything specific that Bashers want to see - just let me know!

Norm - Trace Elliot V4 Head, Barefaced Vintage 2x15 cab, Musicman Stingray 4 string 3eq, Squier 5 string VM Jazz, Squier 5 string VM Precision, Roland Micro Cube with headphones & some pedals.

olipaulo - Fender Jazz Elite; Fender Squier with EMG'S GZ & flats; Status Empathy 5 string; GK 1001RB head (maybe up for sale); GK MB212-ii combo; Greenboy F112 (maybe up for sale)

Pea Turgh

Phil Starr

Rich - JayRay (OLP Ray with Jaydee fretless neck).

Scrumpymike - Rascal Mervyn Lite (s-s Andyjr1515 special); Spector Bantam; ACG Border Reiver s-s headless; Mensinger Cazpar s-s headless; Mesa Subway 800; a pair of BF Super Compact Gen 3 cabs.

Scrumpymike guest 1

Scrumpymike guest 2

Stevie

Stewblack - Bruce Thomas Profile bass because it's awesome. And a bass strung with those cheap flats we've discussed on these pages so people can try them in the flesh. Also the Behringer 150w mini monitor which folk have shown interest in. 

Stewblack guest

Woodinblack - Ibanez SR2605. I can bring the CTM100 as that sounds nice. Oh and maybe a Roli Rise 49 if someone wants to see one."

wrinkleygit - "Will be bringing Jabba’s original semi hollow fretless so you can all see how it has faired over the past year..."

yorks5stringer - Buttercream Player Precision, Blue Flower 51 Precision with Oil City Pickup.

Edited by scrumpymike

5 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

I'll bring my Buttercream Player Precision. Could the Caterer's note that although I'm bringing buttercream, they should not stint on the cake fillings....

Great - just cover it in strawberry jam and we'll stick half a sponge cake on either side of it! 😋

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

I'll bring my Buttercream Player Precision. Could the Caterer's note that although I'm bringing buttercream, they should not stint on the cake fillings....

Interested in seeing that. I was a little tempted by the buttercream player jazz. Trying to get over my 65 jazz thoughts :D

Oops looks like I forgot to say I was coming. Put me down and I may bring the +1. 

Equipment. 

Bugera Amp (the MosFet one)

Fender Aerodyne Jass Bass ( P/J)

Grrg Bennett Semi Acoustic Bass (Samick)

Basschat 1x12 cab. 

Edited by Chienmortbb
  • Like 1

Evening all! Looks like I'm free. I am happy to bring a selection of Markbass, let me know if there is anything specific you'd like to see... Before you ask, yes, I will definitely bring the new Mini CMD101p combo which, along with the Casa is probably the best thing in the range at the moment!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

I’m going to attempt to attend every Bass Bash this year so count me in. I’ll be bringing...

Fretless Rob Allen Mouse

Fretted Godin A4

FRFR set up

...@Frank Blank’s acoustic corner if you will.

Looks like we may have a different winner of the 'who's travelled furthest to the Bash' competition. No prizes but just the kudos of sitting on a motorway for 6 hours...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

Looks like we may have a different winner of the 'who's travelled furthest to the Bash' competition. No prizes but just the kudos of sitting on a motorway for 6 hours...

I reckon you are right, it's not by much though :)

• Haha 1

On 14/02/2019 at 23:14, Chienmortbb said:

Oops looks like I forgot to say I was coming. Put me down and I may bring the +1. 

Equipment. 

Bugera Amp (the MosFet one)

Fender Aerodyne Jass Bass ( P/J)

Grrg Bennett Semi Acoustic Bass (Samick)

Basschat 1x12 cab. 

Thanks, you're listed! (Kind of expected you'd be coming!)

On 15/02/2019 at 00:02, MoJoKe said:

Evening all! Looks like I'm free. I am happy to bring a selection of Markbass, let me know if there is anything specific you'd like to see... Before you ask, yes, I will definitely bring the new Mini CMD101p combo which, along with the Casa is probably the best thing in the range at the moment!

Following PMs, MoJoKe will this time be wearing an official Markbass sponsor's hat - brilliant!!

On 15/02/2019 at 08:09, Frank Blank said:

I’m going to attempt to attend every Bass Bash this year so count me in. I’ll be bringing...

Fretless Rob Allen Mouse

Fretted Godin A4

FRFR set up

...@Frank Blank’s acoustic corner if you will.

Wow, that's a heroic effort - and will be big fun no doubt.  I've added you to our list and it's looking like a really good turnout 👍

Will hopefully get round to adding people's kit to the listing this weekend.

• Like 1