Why become a member? ×

NBD - Squier Deluxe Active Jazz IV *Revisited*

discreet

3 minutes ago, stewblack said:

This is genius, 8th Dan level, Ninja marketing. A superb glowing testimonial, igniting burning GAS left right and centre so when the bass turns up on the for sale page in a fortnight a gagging populace starts a bidding war. 

Sir, I salute you 

Dammit - busted! :lol:

12 minutes ago, discreet said:

Dammit - busted! :lol:

I didn't spot it right away, I thought here's a man who's happy with his bass, they will surely never be separated. No this is true love, until death do us part stuff.

It was like you'd cast a spell 

3 minutes ago, stewblack said:

I didn't spot it right away, I thought here's a man who's happy with his bass, they will surely never be separated. No this is true love, until death do us part stuff.

Well I AM happy with it. I may even keep it. It's just that my track record in this area isn't exactly 100 percent...

10 minutes ago, Bassman Sam said:

10 holes and only 2 screws. Just like my last visit to a swingers club. Looks very nice though.

Well spotted! It's temporary. I'm still not 100% about having a guard at all, and still may paint the bass a solid colour (white? Lake Placid Blue?) ...if so, I'll only have two holes to fill on the body. Fnaar.

Edited by discreet
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, discreet said:

I just couldn't stand the 'no pickguard'' thing any longer. It's just not me. I tried tort, black, gold and white, they all looked terrible. So I went with this cream job. I hope you like it. If you don't - too bad!

20181124_185934.jpg

The lack of control plate sort of reminds me of a Hamer Cruise.

h10douoqv7mzfvuxrhfd.jpg.5bbcd91edac3525059476258c6c6e7ca.jpg

13 minutes ago, Bassman Sam said:

10 holes and only 2 screws. Just like my last visit to a swingers club. Looks very nice though.

I'm also aware that only recently on another thread (what with me being in the Pickguard Police and all), I ranted about how a white guard was totally unacceptable with a sunburst finish. But I like this cream guard, it just seems to work with the burst and dark board. Maybe because there's no bell plate? I would have preferred tort, but IMHO only vintage tort or Spitfire tort is ever good enough and as these options each cost more than the entire bass, it's not going to happen.

There's also a whole thread on TB about the merits of various shades of mint green with sunburst, but I'm really not sure about that.

Edited by discreet
  • Like 1

I had a black one 4 or so years ago - fabulous thing it was, too.  Unbelievable quality for the price.  It was the lack of scratchplate I found appealing initially - I quite like that naked look.

Looks the biz with the stealth hardware, too.

2 minutes ago, Paul S said:

I had a black one 4 or so years ago - fabulous thing it was, too.  Unbelievable quality for the price.  It was the lack of scratchplate I found appealing initially - I quite like that naked look.

Looks the biz with the stealth hardware, too.

Thanks. Watch this space with the hardware changes.

5 hours ago, kendall said:

I have this bass in black but the five string model.  Absolute  cracker of a bass for the money.  @NikNik loving the black hardware on yours.

Yeh, can't wait to see the finished effect. Bridge on its way and getting knobs from here, probably the ones that go on Barto pre-amps. Then rounding the effect off with a set of Roto Nexus.

• Like 1