Why become a member? ×

BLACK FRIDAY DEALS

SH73

I am not a big fan of Black Friday or Boxing Day deals etc  as I think it's only marketing but would be nice to share any interesting deals you find.

Here is mine, also if anyone sees Ableton deal please share. The link doesnt seem to work. Type Black Friday in search menu and it will bring up the page

www.loudersound.com/features/the-best-over-ear-headphones-deals-right-now

Edited by SH73

Your link returns a 404 for me. I'm guessing it was these:

https://store.hmv.com/technology/headphones-(1)/maiden-audio-by-onkyo-edph0n3s-headphones-iron-ma?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvdfJ4tHl3gIVldGyCh1Yqw6pEAQYAiABEgLFhfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Those Maiden headphones were overpriced in the first place - relying on Maiden fans being easily parted with their cash for anything with the logo on it - so it's no surprise they're trying to get rid of stock now.

If they were wireless, I'd have snapped some up for the Mrs's Xmas, cos she's asked for headphones. I've managed to con her into coming to see Maiden twice after years of refusing - last time she actually almost enjoyed it. :)

• Like 1

I've been keeping an eye on a some of the larger online music stores because there's a couple of specific items I'm interested in anyway and it seems daft not to wait a couple of days on the offchance that someone offers a discount on them.

Andertons are currently running a 'Black Friday presale' which consists mostly of B stock items being offered with a pretty much standard b stock discount, I reckon the same items would almost certainly be available at the same price at any time of year.

Edited by Cato

Not bass related but.....I applied for holiday leave at work for a fortnight in 2019. Already planned what we were going to do - Eurocamp. Price was £1239 for a fortnight in a caravan in Italy (flights & car hire on top of this). My boss approved the holidays yesterday so last night I sat down to book. Black Friday deal with Eurocamp reduced the cost to £560 thus saving a whopping £679. Unexpected and a genuine saving for something I was purchasing anyway. Impressed!

• Like 4

A couple of years ago i lucked out on Xmas Day, an Ashdown ABM600 was reduced to £499 from £699, snapped it up, best amp I’ve ever had, I usuallly sneer at sales ploys like Black Friday etc but that taught me to keep my eyes open - albeit only for things I would be buying anyway.

The only 'looks like a real deal' I've seen is from RichTone -

Fender American Elite Stratocaster
£999

Onto Day 4, the last of our Deals of the Day, and it's a big one! Priced to sell at £999 today only, these Fender USA American Elite Stratocasters have a whopping £800 discount on the RRP. This puts us well below any other current UK price!
This guitar is every bit the genuine article - Made in USA, Fender 4th Gen Noiseless pickups, S1 Electronics switch, Ebony fingerboard and a 2-Point Synchronised bridge. The glitzy Champagne finish is something to behold, just check out the Guitar Gallery images and choose your favourite! These aren't going to be around for long at this price, so get in there while you can!

Nothing to do with me, just what I saw!

I'm just putting the finishing touches to an email campaign for a customer who genuinely only knocks discount off everything at this time of year and Xmas. His punters know this and so look forward to the offers / save up in readiness. You could argue that he'd drop sales pre and post the offers  but it doesn't seem to affect things and he always does well from the campaign.

Same as owt else really, there's some proper bargains. For me, it's either a balls-out good deal or don't bother.

I've also seen some retailers offering Fender stuff at Black Friday special prices, for example:

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Fender-Standard-Precision-Bass-MN-Black/9Z1 £499 here, (standard series), £590 elsewhere ('player' series, whatever the difference is, if any? Is the player series the current model and a standard the outgoing model, but its effectively just a rename?)

EDIT - Apologies, looks like I got muddled between what a "standard" and what a "player" series is - I thought the start price for a Fender was around £600 but it seems others are doing regular prices on the standard series at ~£500. 

Andertons ARE going Black Friday Deals on Fenders, but only about 10% off the American Professional.

Edited by paul_c2

1 hour ago, Iacopo San said:

Then it's wrong, it should be a bottle of Rum.
And if you mean it is Off Topic, then you're right. But it's one of the very best rum out 👌there

you're right. I only briefly saw the bottle not reading it pressuming it was whisky.