Why become a member? ×

Kubicki !!!

edstraker123

Aside from the Hamer Cruise Bass, the Ex-Factor was the only other bass that gave me an instant wobble from the first time I saw it.  John Taylor at Live Aid.  It was a, 'What the feck is he playing?' moment.

Never played one, I doubt I've ever even been close to one, but it's always been there in my mind.  Had my inheritance money come through, I might have taken a cheeky punt at this one, but right now, noooo.

• Like 1

Here's the thing - this Kubicki is a top notch boutique bass from the early 90s albeit assembled by the Fender custom shop. New, they were priced alongside Steinberger, Alembic, Sadowsky, Modulus etc. and thoroughly deserved their place there. Lots of people nowadays routinely pay £2k-ish for a 1970s Fender. As long as you're not one of the "all you need is a precision with flatwounds" crew, this Kubicki will eat any of those dodgy Fenders for breakfast so £1500 seems more than fair to me. The interesting thing is that at the end of the day, it's all down to individual taste and what the market will stand.

After this discussion, I now want an Ex-Factor. Fortunately for me I have an imminent bass arrival in the next few weeks so I will not be joining in the last minute bidding frenzy if there is to be one. And I can console myself with the fact that I already have a Key Factor 5 which goes both higher and lower than an Ex-Factor! Still want one though... GAS!

Yep, that escalated quickly! Hindsight and all that - moving on the Buy It Now would have been the right thing. Good for the seller assuming of course that the sale goes through...

I'm pretty certain that you could pick one up for a lot less but of course that one was in particularly nice condition.

Onwards and upwards.

3 hours ago, spectoremg said:

There's another just popped up on FB bass player market UK from I think an American seller. Blue with a maple board (one of only ten allegedly). $5800!!!

Good job I don't have that sort of money - blue with maple would be my bass kryptonite :D (that and yellow...)

• Haha 1