Why become a member? ×

Kubicki !!!

edstraker123

Started out as a £1,200 BIN and I was so so tempted (even if it means selling a bunch of stuff...) then someone bid and we'll see where it goes. Based on prices for Kubickis on here it might go for a decemt price, but looking at completed sales on eBay (of which there are only two anyway) it could be severly underpriced. I guess these are rare enough that it's difficult to judge the value. Plus they're kinda weird :D Looking at sound demo videos last night - all anyone seems to do is play slap on them :(

2 hours ago, BigRedX said:

Collection only which may keep the price low and a bargain for anyone prepared/qble to go in person.

Yeah, I'm contemplating whether a 220 mile roundtrip is worth the effort... that and the fact I'd probably have to sell my EBMM Sterling...

1 hour ago, edstraker123 said:

The Akai Deep Impact was my holy grail for a period of time - when I finally got one I was completely underwhelmed.  You already know your Sterling will sound much better  !

Yeah, that's kind of my suspicion - the Sterling is gorgeous, probably the nicest bass I have ever owned... and sound is, pretty much everything I've wanted from a bass. GAS is a harsh mistress :D

To each their own but Kubickis feel and sound great and the pickups and preamp go from old school warmth right through to thunderous mayhem! If it’s the same circuit that’s on mine, it will have two active and two passive modes as well as an “off” position. Fantastic basses and the Ex-Factors are 32 inch scale. At £950 now and probably worth every penny.

7 hours ago, spectoremg said:

A minor point: the sale finishes late morning next Friday. Everyone knows that a bass bidders GAS and possibly alcohol fuelled fingers work better mid to late evening! 😉

It's mid to late evening somewhere in the world at any time, and the seller posts worldwide. Just sayin'. ;)

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, spectoremg said:

It's up to £1300 - that £1200 BIN suddenly seems very attractive. Is anyone serious about this? Was gonna bid but I won't if it's pushing the price up for someone else. 

Nah, gone over what I would have been prepared to pay and @edstraker123 made a good point about hanging on to my EBMM Sterling anyway.

If it had stayed around or under a grand I would have been mighty tempted at this point - so probably for the best it's gone way over :D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EMG456 said:

It's an unusual tuning arrangement so best to just watch somebody...

Nice you posted that, I've even  seen the boss of a big music shop, and former bassist,  very experienced man about guitars, ruining a set of strings (one actually) in front of me some years ago. Quite typical, said he. This bridge is quite a PITA, I Believe :lol:

Some years ago the Factors were very much cheaper on the second hand market, it's a bit pricey now.