Jump to content
Left leaderboard
Paddy515

My bass sound - if only!!!

Recommended Posts

Having recently bought turntable, power amp and speakers to get my collection of vinyls back into circulation, I put Solo in Soho on. As the last track on side 2 began, I had the realisation that that was the bass sound I search for. Having not listened to Talk of 79 in decades it was quite an eye-opener. What tracks have your ideal bass soung in them?

 

 

Edited by Paddy515
added info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too many to mention, when I first heard Dallas 1pm by Saxon the Bass and Drum intro just sounded so good, even today it still kicks butt....simple but effective.

  •   
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thebigyin said:

Too many to mention, when I first heard Dallas 1pm by Saxon the Bass and Drum intro just sounded so good, even today it still kicks butt....simple but effective.

  •   

Good shout. The lead guitar sound and guitar solo on that track probably go down as my favourite of all time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paddy515 said:

Having recently bought turntable, power amp and speakers to get my collection of vinyls back into circulation, I put Solo in Soho on. As the last track on side 2 began, I had the realisation that that was the bass sound I search for. Having not listened to Talk of 79 in decades it was quite an eye-opener. What tracks have your ideal bass soung in them?

Maybe pour some rice crispies into a bowl and add milk just before you start playing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WHUFC BASS said:

Good shout. The lead guitar sound and guitar solo on that track probably go down as my favourite of all time.

Good man seen them back in late 70s early 80s when the NWOBHM scene hit the stage...was lucky enough to see some of the great bands when they were just starting out....Pete Way and the early UFO stuff springs to mind also especially the Bass on the track Love to Love from Strangers in the night...good times

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I could sound like this on a five string, played with fingers rather than a pick I'd be very happy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me it would depend entirely upon context. As a bass sound in itself, anything with Chris Squire (and obviously there are many things he’d fit in really well, not just Yes) but I'd much rather have Bernard Edwards in Chic. 😉

Edited by 4000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Graham said:

If I could sound like this on a five string, played with fingers rather than a pick I'd be very happy

great album - one of my all time favourites.  Not the bass sound I aspire to, but it's exactly right for Fugazi

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been attempting to work myself towards this sort of bass sound.

Perfect in a funkin' No Wave band! Might need a 2nd bass player plus keys to pull it off...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...