Why become a member? ×

My bass sound - if only!!!

Paddy515

Having recently bought turntable, power amp and speakers to get my collection of vinyls back into circulation, I put Solo in Soho on. As the last track on side 2 began, I had the realisation that that was the bass sound I search for. Having not listened to Talk of 79 in decades it was quite an eye-opener. What tracks have your ideal bass soung in them?

Edited by Paddy515
added info

Just now, thebigyin said:

Too many to mention, when I first heard Dallas 1pm by Saxon the Bass and Drum intro just sounded so good, even today it still kicks butt....simple but effective.

•   

Good shout. The lead guitar sound and guitar solo on that track probably go down as my favourite of all time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paddy515 said:

Having recently bought turntable, power amp and speakers to get my collection of vinyls back into circulation, I put Solo in Soho on. As the last track on side 2 began, I had the realisation that that was the bass sound I search for. Having not listened to Talk of 79 in decades it was quite an eye-opener. What tracks have your ideal bass soung in them?

Maybe pour some rice crispies into a bowl and add milk just before you start playing?

Just now, WHUFC BASS said:

Good shout. The lead guitar sound and guitar solo on that track probably go down as my favourite of all time.

Good man seen them back in late 70s early 80s when the NWOBHM scene hit the stage...was lucky enough to see some of the great bands when they were just starting out....Pete Way and the early UFO stuff springs to mind also especially the Bass on the track Love to Love from Strangers in the night...good times

• Like 1

For me it would depend entirely upon context. As a bass sound in itself, anything with Chris Squire (and obviously there are many things he’d fit in really well, not just Yes) but I'd much rather have Bernard Edwards in Chic. 😉

Edited by 4000