Why become a member? ×

Ebay buyer low feedback

PaulWarning

What BRX says, with the addition that if their login name has changed several times, that would set off some alarm bells in my head coz people can get eBay to delete bad feedback in some (many?) cases - - even though of course the received feedback still stays with them to some degree

Their profile --> See all Feedback --> View ID history

• Like 1

Some people don't spend all their time buying and selling on eBay. Also IME people don't seem to bother quite so much with feedback for private sales these days as they did in the past. 

I only joined eBay because I'd seen something I wanted to buy and it wasn't available elsewhere. After that I didn't buy anything else for almost a year. I didn't start selling for another 3 or 4 years after that, and I don't think I've bought or sold anything on eBay for at least a year now.

If I wanted to pull a scam I'd sign up and build myself a decent history (and feedback score) buying small cheap items from commercial sellers first.

Edited by BigRedX
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, BassTractor said:

What BRX says, with the addition that if their login name has changed several times, that would set off some alarm bells in my head coz people can get eBay to delete bad feedback in some (many?) cases - - even though of course the received feedback still stays with them to some degree

Their profile --> See all Feedback --> View ID history

cheers, checked ID history, just one name joined 19th March 2017

My feedback is only 14, I’ve been a member for about 4 years, just never sold or bought much from there.

The most recent thing I did buy was from a guy with 1,000+ positive feedback. I bought an Apogee audio interface, when it arrived it had a lot of scratches and marks on it, even though I’d emailed him asking him about the condition prior to buying; he’d told me it was perfect and as new.

The feedback thing is just an indicator.

If i've bought a lot of items at the one time i occasionally miss leaving feedback for an occasional item. I've seen me go back months later and notice i haven't left any and do it then.

At the end of the day if you've sold to someone does Ebay not cover any issues if it goes wrong. They have for me.

Dave

Doesnt always work out that you get sorted by Ebay or PP if it goes mammaries up.

I have experience of someone trying to rip me off. I had to get my bank to step in after about  6 or 7 weeks of utter grief with a courier , PP and the Police. None of whom gave a real sh!t

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fleabag said:

Doesnt always work out that you get sorted by Ebay or PP if it goes mammaries up.

I have experience of someone trying to rip me off. I had to get my bank to step in after about  6 or 7 weeks of utter grief with a courier , PP and the Police. None of whom gave a real sh!t

I had to do that a couple of years ago. My bank were brilliant, I'd spent weeks messing about with PayPal and eBay, NatWest refunded me in a couple of days. I just had to send them screenshots of the transaction and email correspondence.

Feedback is bs on eBay. It doesn’t really mean much these days. Maybe back around 15-20 years ago but now it’s the big boys from China drop shipping everything. Your average joe will likely try gumtree first then eBay as a last resort because of the fees and time wasters. Selling anything these days is a pain in the brown bullet hole. 

4 minutes ago, tonyquipment said:

Feedback is bs on eBay. It doesn’t really mean much these days. Maybe back around 15-20 years ago but now it’s the big boys from China drop shipping everything. Your average joe will likely try gumtree first then eBay as a last resort because of the fees and time wasters. Selling anything these days is a pain in the brown bullet hole. 

yes I've noticed people don't leave feedback like they used too, but it rings alarm bells when there's very little, the only bad experience I had on ebay was from someone with very low feedback, and if it's zero stay well away.

As far as fees are concerned I try and wait for one of their sell for £1 days, as I did this time, and you do tend to get a better price, far bigger market

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PaulWarning said:

yes I've noticed people don't leave feedback like they used too, but it rings alarm bells when there's very little, the only bad experience I had on ebay was from someone with very low feedback, and if it's zero stay well away.

As far as fees are concerned I try and wait for one of their sell for £1 days, as I did this time, and you do tend to get a better price, far bigger market

eBay is riddled with bots. Especially in the electrical section. Selling any piece of computer hardware on there you’ll catch a bot. Not really sure why they are on there. Maybe to game /manipulate the market idk. 

I try and remember to leave fedback but sometimes if i've ordered a lot at any one time or the orders take a long time to arrive i simply forget. I've seen me going into ebay months later and noticed i've not left feedback for a few items so i do it then. To be honest i never read my own feedback as a buyer either.