Why become a member? ×

I bought a bass that's on its way now, but for sale again? Fraud?!

This listing should be fake:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Alter-Fender-Jazz-Bass-Original-Bj-1978/332891007366?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20170511121231%26meid%3D12d3e325c7fc482486ae9d6986f2ae1c%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D13%26sd%3D332891007366%26itm%3D332891007366&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A0433dd53-ec1b-11e8-8dff-74dbd1800cde|parentrq%3A2ce0118b1670ab4dd50430aafff6df54|iid%3A1

I bought this bass a week ago, and is on its way to me now. It looks like a fraud advertising to me with the same pictures and advertising text....From a seller with no recent feedback. I'm still feel a little worried though. Ebay customer service is so hard to reach... And I can't file this properly. 

Any thoughts that can comfort me? 

Edited by SurroundedByManatees

How did you pay for the item?

It would be interesting to see how the "Scam" works - clearly at least one of the listings is fake, and thus unfulfillable - in other words, you (or someone else) won't be getting that bass anytime soon. Whether both are fake, or only the second one is (ie they've swiped the pics off the first, good sale) I don't know. BUT eBay and Paypal have reasonable protection against that kind of thing, you claim back the money if/when its never delivered, or something else is delivered (a much cheaper/fake bass, etc, maybe?) That's there the fun begins...... If you've done everything right as a buyer, then any exposure to a loss should be minimised, but if you for example paid by bank transfer, or there's something not right with your Paypal account, etc then it may be where the fraud gets you. 

It was offered by a different seller, note by the one I bought it from. It had the same title, pics and description. But an old inactive account was used to host it. I guess it is an hacked account or something. 

The real seller has been communicative and sent me a picture w proof of shipping. All should be fine I think. 

I'm a lot less worried now, since the tracking info has had an update again since 3 days (lack of earlier update fed the worried feeling) and the scam auction has been ended. 

I will post again when the bass is received. Just to close this case. 

But please be careful with your bidding activity. I've seen more of this scam eBay auctions.