Why become a member? ×

Moog Grandmother prices ...

Howdy! 

I saw the above on you tube a few months ago, and loved the look and sound of the demos / prentations etc.

i know that Moogs are generally expensive ( this being my last musical purchase for some time 😺) . They are often seemed to be investments ,and never really lose their resale value etc. I have had a mess around on their apps ,which are great but the thought of getting one of these has always been at the back of my mind. I looked at the Taurus  which is cheaper, but tbh I would rather plug and play at anytime, rather than fiddling around an my Mac . 

So, the going rate for us in the uk, Is £879.00  . I sent a question to gear 4 music if they could do it for me cheaper,,as I kept getting emails telling me the loyalty discounts I could get  as I purchased a few things from them over the last couple of months. The best they would offer ,is £859.00 . So, I thought I'd wait till Black Friday . I sent an email to Moog midweek, asking if they have any Black Friday deals for the grandmother and have not got a response . Fair enough .

so, yesterday I looked and found the prices dropped suddenly 😸👍. Well, I say dropped, but g4m are charging £899! 😾

i saw one price that I couldn't ignore £773.52 from Rub a dub . I spoke to them on the phone ,placed order and I have just received it 😸

great service , nice guys 😸👍👍

this morning I noticed g a k are selling it for £749 Tbh, I'm not too bothered , because I figured that the price I got from rub a dub wouldn't last 

so, that's my early birthday and xmas present . I have no idea how it'll work but it looks great . I'm a total beginner . No slinky though 😿

just a heads up . I know times are hard, but it seems a bargain . Now to plug it in ....

• Like 1

I've been looking about to see if there's any deals going on modular synth modules. Nothing great about, maybe £20 off some stuff. I was hoping somewhere would be doing a nice deal on a Moog DFAM.

But fortunately, for my credit card, there's nothing about.

The Moog Grandmother sounds quite nice, but I'm not into the looks.

Yeah , the design is a little marmite ..or tandy , but what attracted me to it was how it's not as complicated  as others . Still a lot to learn. Possibilities are endless . No presets, banks or patches . There are a few examples shown , which is a good starting  point for absolute beginners . 

Yeah,  I love that guy . Knows his stuff. That vid was the main reason I got it .

i looked at lots of his vids, plus others regarding Moog products . 

I was looking at the sub 37  which looks great , but too much going on.

almost got the minitaur , but it looked like something was missing . 

The mother has great possibilities , but li thought that this was the one to go for at the end of the day . 

Lots of you tube clips to keep me enthused ..😸

• Like 1