Why become a member? ×

Tour Starts on Monday!

Mykesbass

So, a quick update. All going well. A couple of quietish nights - Bristol Tunnels a bit of a disaster with audience numbers, but it was a foul night, and the venue had a big local blues act on the next day. Birmingham went well - was the home gig for one of the other acts, so it was mainly her audience, but we won a fair few over.

Selling CDs at every gig which is positive, and we're playing well - all that rehearsing of the set has paid off.

My Fender Pro 800 is sounding great, especially when the Italian band's bass player puts his 68 P through it!!

Keighley tonight. Small cafe/bar/venue, with good reputation, and good pre sale. Right on the station concourse if anyone fancies popping over. 

• Like 2

Fabulous gig at Cafe Choux Choux, a gorgeous cafe/bar on Keighley station. Tonight is the first gig of this kind at the venue. The local promoter was let down on the original one, so these guys stepped in. Very hospitable, as are the promoters. Really well looked after, and all three bands putting in great performances. Could get used to this 😀 Here's Eliana Cargnelutti and her band closing the show.

IMG_20181123_222624.jpg

Edited by Mykesbass
  • Like 3

Delayed update - this failed to post two nights ago:

Fabulous gig at Cafe Choice Choice, a gorgeous cafe/bar on Keighley station. Tonight is the first gig of this kind at the venue. The local promoter was let down on the original one, so these guys stepped in. Very hospitable, as are the promoters. Really well looked after, and all three bands putting in great performances. Could get used to this 😀 Here's Eliana Cargnelutti and her band closing the show.

IMG_20181123_222628.jpg

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mykesbass said:

Delayed update - this failed to post two nights ago:

Fabulous gig at Cafe Choice Choice, a gorgeous cafe/bar on Keighley station. Tonight is the first gig of this kind at the venue. The local promoter was let down on the original one, so these guys stepped in. Very hospitable, as are the promoters. Really well looked after, and all three bands putting in great performances. Could get used to this 😀 Here's Eliana Cargnelutti and her band closing the show.

IMG_20181123_222628.jpg

It did post on Fri night Mykesbass. I thought you had posted twice for stereo effect :laugh1:

• Haha 1

Last night was a club held in a vegan cafe in Cleethorpes...

Another enjoyable gig - modest, but enthusiastic audience. This is so much more rewarding than our previous Dog & Duck gigs.  We've got a great rapport with Eliana and her band who are travelling with us, and hopefully we'll be doing some more work with her next year. 

We've now picked up some really nice support slots and festival dates care of the promoter, who not only likes our music, but also really appreciates our attitude.

Two valuable lessons last night - Carry spares. My IEC for the Fender went missing at the Keighley gig - it is an unusual fitting, more like those used for high powered computer servers. Fortunately I have my Carvin with me. Second lesson learned, no. You don't need weight for great sound. Everyone agreed, the Carvin sounded different, but either felt it was as God or better than the Fender. Amps for sale section here I come!!

Manchester tonight - Night & Day club.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mykesbass said:

Last night was a club held in a vegan cafe in Cleethorpes...

Another enjoyable gig - modest, but enthusiastic audience. This is so much more rewarding than our previous Dog & Duck gigs.  We've got a great rapport with Eliana and her band who are travelling with us, and hopefully we'll be doing some more work with her next year. 

We've now picked up some really nice support slots and festival dates care of the promoter, who not only likes our music, but also really appreciates our attitude.

Two valuable lessons last night - Carry spares. My IEC for the Fender went missing at the Keighley gig - it is an unusual fitting, more like those used for high powered computer servers. Fortunately I have my Carvin with me. Second lesson learned, no. You don't need weight for great sound. Everyone agreed, the Carvin sounded different, but either felt it was as God or better than the Fender. Amps for sale section here I come!!

Manchester tonight - Night & Day club.

No chance of a nice kebab at the end of that gig then😄

41 minutes ago, josie said:

Really sorry I missed you in Manchester, but Sunday public transport is pants 😞 

So is driving into the centre! Expecting a traffic violation ticket to be waiting for me when I get home! The gig was in an access between 10AM and 4 PM only road which we had to drive in 🤨

Sadly, the nearest you got to me was Bristol, and I couldn't make that one
But I'm glad to hear you're touring at "that stage of life" - I'm a similar age, and wouldn't mind a tour

I agree - you're never too old, and yes, definitely keep playing, and tour whenever the opportunity arises
Good luck with the last couple of gigs, and here's to the next one! :) :) 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Mykesbass said:

So is driving into the centre! Expecting a traffic violation ticket to be waiting for me when I get home! The gig was in an access between 10AM and 4 PM only road which we had to drive in 🤨

Pah, this is happening everywhere these days! :(
But don't let it get you down - I'm sure worse things have happened on tour

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mykesbass said:

Last night, in a very damp Stamford, but cool venue, the Voodoo Lounge. Gratuitous rig photo, including Shuker bass, and @obbm cables all round, plus the Genzler that sounded great at the Bullingdon last night.

IMG_20181128_170140.jpg

Played at the Voodoo Lounge a few times, great venue, they had a top guy doing the sound and he would record every gig through the desk.

A good restaurant upstairs at Mama Liz’s, nice Cajun food.

There seems to be something odd being advertised about your gig in Stamford tonight, it shows you are playing at the Corn Exchange and The Voodoo Lounge, double booked  ⁉️

Edited by steantval

59 minutes ago, steantval said:

Played at the Voodoo Lounge a few times, great venue, they had a top guy doing the sound and he would record every gig through the desk.

A good restaurant upstairs at Mama Liz’s, nice Cajun food.

There seems to be something odd being advertised about your gig in Stamford tonight, it shows you are playing at the Corn Exchange and The Voodoo Lounge, double booked  ⁉️

Something happened with the booking at Corn Exchange. Got moved about 10 days ago. To be honest, this place is probably better for us.