Why become a member? ×

Tour Starts on Monday!

Mykesbass

Having reached the age when my kids should be going off on tour, somehow it is me that is venturing out for the first time! My band, Lee Ainley's Blues Storm, is heading out with Zoe Green and Eliana Cargnelutti, on a three female fronted band tour, Ladies of the Blues. 

A bit of a message for all of those who ask "am I too old?" "is it too late?" "should I/Shouldn't I", well the answer is go out there and do it, you never know what is around the corner.

For any of you within striking distance of any of the dates, do come along, support your local venue and fellow Basschatter! Here's the dates.

Edited by Mykesbass
  • Like 15

5 hours ago, Mykesbass said:

Having reached the age when my kids should be going off on tour, somehow it is me that is venturing out for the first time! My band, Lee Ainley's Blues Storm, is heading out with Zoe Green and Eliana Cargnelutti, on a three female fronted band tour, Ladies of the Blues. 

A bit of a message for all of those who ask "am I too old?" "is it too late?" "should I/Shouldn't I", well the answer is go out there and do it, you never know what is around the corner.

For any of you within striking distance of any of the dates, do come along, support your local venue and fellow Basschatter! Her's the dates.

Shame all the dates are down south......!! 

1 hour ago, PJ-Bassist said:

Good luck with the tour, where are you playing and when?? 

i checked you guys out on YT, I liked the cover of Slow Dancing in a Burning Room.

Great inspiration for the likes of me, about to hit 40 and only just getting into the gigging thing.

Start on Monday, dates on the link in the OP. Hope one is near enough.

1 hour ago, Len_derby said:

Sadly, nowhere close to me this time but have a great time.

If you have the time or inclination I'm sure a lot of us would love to read a diary/report of how it went.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

Enjoy and have fun. Its what its all about.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Dave

Thanks gents, and yes, I'm under strict instructions from @Mickeyboro to keep a tour diary, so will post on here - stay tuned.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Have a good `un, and my tip would be make sure you get as much rest as possible, touring is harder work than it sounds, and whilst it`s fun to sightsee/over-indulge, it can take its toll. 

8 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Yep the days can be a bit boring while waiting for the gig at night. Take a book to read :lol: or do some sight seing during the day.

Its extremely tedious sitting in a hotel room all day.

Dave

Yes, first time as a band member, but have tour managed a much bigger tour. Main lesson I learnt from that was to eat healthy food - ended up with gastritis!

• Haha 1

Well day one was a cracker. It was our home gig, Brighton, and we managed to get nearly 100 people out on a cold, slightly damp Monday night.

On this tour all three acts have equal billing. So will play each slot on the bill three times. For our home gig we closed the show. Was a little worried, as the act before us, Italian Eliana Cargnelutti was pretty damned good. Her bass player and drummer were several leagues above everyone else on the tour. No need to have worried though, as we pulled off a strong set and the partisan crowd loved us!

To make things easy, we have provided drums and bass rig. Really nice to hear my own rig being played at decent club volumes. Eliana's bass player is using a nice looking, Fiesta Red with tort pickguard Precision - I'll get more details later, and Zoe Green's is using a fabulous looking and sounding Supro short scale.

London tonight, Water Rats if anyone is local.

Edited by Mykesbass
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Mykesbass said:

Well day one was a cracker. It was our home gig, Brighton, and we managed to get nearly 100 people out on a cold, slightly damp Monday night.

On this tour all three acts have equal billing. So will play each slot on the bill three times. For our home gig we closed the show. Was a little worried, as the act before us, Italian Eliana Cargnelutti was pretty damned good. Her bass player and drummer were several leagues above everyone else on the tour. No need to have worried though, as we pulled off a strong set and the partisan crowd loved us!

To make things easy, we have provided drums and bass rig. Really nice to hear my own rig being played at decent club volumes. Eliana's bass player is using a nice looking, Fiesta Red with tort pickguard Precision - I'll get more details later, and Zoe Green's is using a fabulous looking and sounding Supro short scale.

London tonight, Water Rats if anyone is local.

What gear are you using and some pics of the gigs on here would be nice. A running report on the gigs also a nice touch if you have the time to post during the following day.

Sounds good 100 in first night an a  Monday too. 

Dave

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

What gear are you using and some pics of the gigs on here would be nice. A running report on the gigs also a nice touch if you have the time to post during the following day.

Sounds good 100 in first night an a  Monday too. 

Dave

Shuker P/Tele style 5 string fretless through a Fender Pro 800 and two Purple Chili 112 cabs. Sounding blooming lovely, especially getting to hear it out front as the other two bass players are using it. 

IMG_20181120_190216.jpg