Why become a member? ×

new bass day.. well, almost!

lowdowner

I ordered a new bass today, a Spector Euro 4LX DW (Doug Wimbush) in Amber... doesn't arrive until next week so it's now a waiting game...

Anyone on here play a Euro 4LX? It's too late to ask whether people like it or not (*I* do and that's what counts) but I'm interested in how you are finding it.

How am I going to wait?? *groan* 

Screenshot 2018-11-16 at 12.17.33.png

• Like 5

Looks lovely... I feel your pain about the wait. I’m 4 weeks into a potential 16 weeks build time. If I had hair I’d be pulling it out... your week will pass agonisingly slowly, but this time next week you’ll have It! 👍🏻 Spare a thought for those of us that will still have 11 to go... 🤯

2 minutes ago, bassfan said:

Looks lovely... I feel your pain about the wait. I’m 4 weeks into a potential 16 weeks build time. If I had hair I’d be pulling it out... your week will pass agonisingly slowly, but this time next week you’ll have It! 👍🏻 Spare a thought for those of us that will still have 11 to go... 🤯

well obviously I feel for you and your next 12 weeks - but my week will seem longer! ;)

Absolutely fantastic instrument! You'll love it - especially if you like the jazz-like neck dimensions of the Doug Wimbish model....

A word of advice - the Tonepump preamp is very hot so if you feel it is putting out too much signal use the internal trimpot on the preamp box to turn it down a little :)

• Like 1

Can't really comment on the DW model but  I bought a Euro 5 LX a week ago having never played (or even tried) a Spector Euro before. I really bought it on the reviews I read and the hype that they're great basses. I really didn't know what to expect.

I was super impressed with the build quality for starters. Absolutely perfect. Picking it up it was slightly heavier than what I'm used to but the supremely comfortable neck - certainly for any 5 string I've ever played more than made up for it. The sound was what has now made me a Spector convert and I can't see me entertaining the idea of buying any other bass apart from Spector. The Tone-Pump gets a pretty bad rap and it appears to be the Marmite of bass pre-amps but I love it. Yes it's loud but as mentioned, the trim pot means it can be adjusted to suit. Problem solved. I'd be really surprised if you didn't like it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cetera said:

Absolutely fantastic instrument! You'll love it - especially if you like the jazz-like neck dimensions of the Doug Wimbish model....

A word of advice - the Tonepump preamp is very hot so if you feel it is putting out too much signal use the internal trimpot on the preamp box to turn it down a little :)

Great info - thanks for that. I'm using a Bergantino B-amp and I know it *likes* a hot input so I'm cool with that.

• Like 1