Why become a member? ×

2001 Rare Non Export Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass in Old a Candy Apple Red. SOLD
£600

vinorange

Up for sale is my rare 2001 Non export Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass in very good condition and with Fender padded gig bag. £600 including UK postage.

I say rare but I’ve now got 2 for sale, one in black and this one in old candy apple red.

This non export version of the Aerodyne Jazz differs slightly from the export version in that it has a 3 ply pickguard, chrome hardware and a front mounted control plate. As pe4 other aerodynes it features a radiused, carved basswood Jazz Bass body with cream binding, matching painted headstock, very slim C shape Jazz Bass neck (1.5” at the nut), with a 20-fret stained rosewood fingerboard with aged pearloid dot inlays and P/J pickups.

Some say that the reason that these are non export is that they are better quality than many US Fender basses.

Mine has just had a full set up including minor fret level, crown and polish, lemon oil fretboard treatment and new rotsound strings. It plays really nicely with low action, no fre5 rattles or buzzes and sounds great. It’s very light - around 7.5 lbs.

Condition wise it’s in great shape with the exception of 2 body dings at the bottom near the strap pin. They’ve chipped the paint and can be seen but are quite minor. I’m going to try to source a matched paint so the chips can be filled. Also some of the chrome shows very minor tarnishing but it has all been polished so looks great.

Comes with a high quality Fender padded gig bag. 

Can be tried out, examined / collected from near Chester. Will post out via UPS, double boxed for added protection.

Edited by vinorange
Sold
  • Like 1