Why become a member? ×

Loop switching systems

radiophonic

My trusty Boss LS2 is being pushed to the limit and I'm getting stressed out with some of the tap dancing i need to do.  Does anyone use a loop system and care to make a recommendation or warn me off? I don't need stereo out but I do need parallel loop options and the ability to switch pedal order. Footprint (and price) is important, so the Boss ES8 is probably overboard. The ES5 is more ballpark and does parallel but I'm not sure if 5 loops is quit enough. I've roughed it out and I can do it with 5 provided I run all my drives and bitcrusher in a single loop, not ideal but I rarely stack drives anyway.  I'll need to go up a board size, but I don't want to exceed Pedaltrain Classic 2 size (I'm using a Novo 18 now). 

I got my first loop switcher a few years ago. A joyo pfl live I think its called. It was an absolute game changer for me. I mean it was a pain to program, but much simpler to fun a board live. 

I upgraded to the es8 shortly after as once I got my head around switching, the es8 has soo much to offer. The parallel loops, midi pc and cc. Changing the order of pedals, pc patch editor.... The list goes on. They are phenomenal bits of kit! 

There are preset gains on the mixer over quite a wide range in +/-3dB increments. Now if I can only work out why it takes 2 sec to register a toggle command via Crtl Out to my El Capistan. I've read about this elsewhere but nobody seems to understand why it dosn't work instantly. It holds up the initiation of the whole patch while it waits too.