Why become a member? ×

Greta Van Fleet - Birmingham O2

The59Sound

2 hours ago, thebigyin said:

Good band musically but the vocalist leaves me cold....sorry just a poor mans Robert Plant.

Exactly how I feel. The band is good, the musicians are all quite proficient and the "sound" is there - even if it's not really an innovation, it's still quite good.

But the singer man...I don't know, I just feel like he tries too hard. His voice pierces through my ears. To each his own, his singing is just not my cup of tea. 

He sounds like Plant without the "low-end".

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Have to say i like it. Vocalist has an unusual voice but then again so did Geddy. For me his voice quite suits the music. Def a bit of Plant in that.

Dave

Geddy was/is a lot more warm and smoother though. This one really tries to go as high as possible and ends up shrieking. Just my 2 cents though.

I heard their most recent offering and it just washed over me a bit and I also find his voice a bit jarring at times, they can all play though. Some very nice bass work (in a very JPJ style not surprisingly) on there. I'll probably wait until they have more material to draw from before I go see them live though.

15 hours ago, The59Sound said:

Just caught them live - one word; wow!

I was there. They certainly have some mojo. I wasn’t impressed with the sound. With that venue unless your inside the main square or up top. The sound gets lost I thought it sounded muddy at times. To much volume. Great energy and presence though.